Dissertation Findings Chapter
The dissertation Findings chapter section is considered the most interesting part of the Dissertation. If you are writing the dissertation for the first time then you may have a question on how to begin writing the finding chapter? Masters or undergraduate students also have questions when writing a dissertation finding chapter. Below is the answer to students’ questions provided by our expert team of Ireland Assignment Help.
Dissertation Findings: Meaning
The findings section in a dissertation is the most rewarding in dissertation. In this chapter of the dissertation, you need to write the activities you have to perform for researching a particular subject. You need to write a Dissertation Finding chapter before the discussion and conclusion sections. It is the findings chapter of the dissertation which represents the purpose of presenting the research results. You are required to include all those things in the dissertation findings part which you have observed during research. The main purpose of the findings section in the Dissertation is to provide the reader with an idea about important and relevant research findings.
- In the dissertation findings chapter, you need not write detailed results as it may lead to misunderstanding and confusion.
- It is very much essential for the researcher to write the findings chapter of the dissertation in the past tense.
How to write the Findings section of the Dissertation?
Before beginning to write a Dissertation finding chapter, you need to give background detail about the topic. This strategy will help the reader in making themselves aware of the research results. It is also very essential for you to review the problem statement and research objectives. It is considered one of the best techniques which would help the researcher in developing a positive impression on readers. The 3 steps procedure for writing the finding chapter of the dissertation is:
Step 1: At the beginning step of writing the findings section of the Dissertation it is very much essential to address the research outcomes that you intend to demonstrate in the present chapter.
Step 2: In the next step, you must gain a basic understanding of techniques to write a Dissertation finding chapter. It is the tactics that will help you in increasing your knowledge that can further assist in organizing a particular section chronologically.
Step 3: After that, you are required to organize a particular subject in the right manner. You can also utilize a chronological structure for organizing it is very much important for you to write key research outcomes first.
You can also complete finding a chapter of the dissertation by summarising your important findings. At the time of writing the Dissertation finding chapter, you need to consider that unexpected results in research can have a great effect on research.
When to write Dissertation Findings?
You need to write the findings of the dissertation after the accumulation and analysis of data. At the time of writing the findings section for the dissertation, researchers are required to relate observations with research problems or hypotheses.
Students can combine both discussion and findings sections of the dissertation. But before combining the Discussion and conclusion section of the Dissertation you need to review the university guideline. If you are writing a dissertation by collecting primary information then you can integrate the discussion and conclusion section. While writing the findings section in the dissertation chapter you need to concentrate on the analysis of case studies or interpretation of research results.
Important Tips for Writing Dissertation Findings
The dissertation findings chapter should set the stage for understanding the findings. The research problem should be repeated, and the research objectives should be stated briefly.
This approach aids in drawing the reader’s attention to the research problem. The first step in writing the findings is deciding which findings will be presented in this section.
The relevant results to the questions must be presented, with an emphasis on whether the results support the hypothesis. The findings section does not have to include every result. The following step is to ensure that the data is properly organized and accurate.
You will need to have a basic understanding of writing dissertation findings because this will provide you with the knowledge to arrange the data in chronological order.
The Technique of reporting Qualitative and Quantitative findings
Presentation of Quantitative data:
One best way to present Quantitative findings is to organize them as per hypothesis or research questions. At the time of presenting the Quantitative findings, you are required to define the process you will perform for analyzing data. It is very much important for you to include only those findings which are directly relevant to your research questions or objectives. Researchers generally use graphs, charts, tables, and figures for presenting the findings, by presenting the research results using a graph, charts can provide readers ease in developing the understanding of the pattern of responses. It is very much important for you to write captions, put labels, and provide a source for data.
Presentation of Qualitative Findings:
The best strategy to present the Qualitative data is to first design the themes based on research questions and responses provided by the respondent. It is very much essential for you to state the pattern, any developments, and independent responses of the participants in the dissertation finding section.
Things you should consider writing finding section of the Dissertation
There are several things that you need to consider at the time of writing the findings chapter in the dissertation these are:
- You should write research findings in your own words. It is good to avoid writing the findings of a research performed by other researchers.
- Researchers can utilize graphs, and charts for systematically presenting the findings.
- SPSS and other similar software can be utilized for analyzing the data.
- You need to arrange the Dissertation findings systematically and logically.
- Investigator cam also includes negative results in finding a section of the dissertation. It is a strategy that will help them in representing the high validity of research results.
Things you should not include in Dissertation Findings Chapter
At the time of the findings section for the dissertation, you should eliminate the utilization of subjective and interpretive phrases. Avoid the use of a few words such as validates, suggests, reveals, etc for writing the dissertation findings. You can utilize such words for writing the dissertation Discussion section where you are expected to provide the interpretation of research results.
The DO’s – How to Write Dissertation Findings
- Make certain that your findings do not include results from other research studies.
- Examine whether your hypothesis was tested or whether research questions were answered.
- Data is presented using illustrations and tables, which are labelled to help your readers understand what they are about.
- To analyze results and generate key trends, use software such as Excel, STATA, and SPSS.
What to Avoid in the Findings Chapter of a Dissertation
- Avoid using interpretive and subjective phrases and terms like “confirms,” “reveals,” “suggests,” or “validates.” These terms are better suited for the discussion chapter, where you will be expected to provide a detailed interpretation of the results.
- Provide only a brief explanation of the findings of the key themes, hypotheses, and research questions. At this point, you do not want to write a detailed subjective explanation for any of the research questions.
Difficulties to Avoid When Writing Dissertation Results
One issue to avoid when writing the dissertation findings is reporting background information or explaining the findings.
- This should be done in the first paragraph. If it seems appropriate, you can always revise the introduction chapter based on the data you have gathered.
- In the findings section, no raw data or intermediate calculations should be included.
- Always check with your professor to see if raw data is required. If the data is to be included, use an appendix or a set of appendices referred to in the findings chapter’s text.
- In the findings section, avoid using vague or non-specific phrases. For the benefit of the reader, it is critical to be factual and concise.
Structure of Dissertation Findings Chapter
You should use suitable words or phrases for systematically presenting the findings. After completion way of arranging the finding section in the dissertation is to organize results and then present details of important findings. In simple words, you can provide a brief outline
Another way is to first present the outcome and after that provide details for the same. Secondly, you can write the conclusion of the section by writing overall synopsis. It is a kind of structure that the investigator uses while writing a long dissertation that comprises multiple results. You can also write a brief conclusion for linking all results and providing transitions to the dissertation discussion chapter.
It has been concluded from the above that the finding section in the dissertation contains important information that researchers gather through research. Another fact that has been concluded from the above is that Findings are the most interesting section of the dissertation.