Research Paper Types With Definition & Writing Tips
While studying in high schools, universities, and colleges, you will get many assignments; each of them has its own unique feature and importance. All the assignments have given to the students with an aim to analysis their knowledge at a different level. Among all sorts of assignments, the research paper is one of the important assignments.
A research paper is considered to be one of the difficult and challenging assignments. A student has to face a lot of trouble and stress while completing it. Though a research paper is very complex in nature but writing a successful research paper moreover depends on the personal skills, abilities, and knowledge of the subject.
Here in this blog, we will understand a research paper deeply; what research paper is, what are its rule and goals and how to achieve its goal in easy ways?
What is a Research paper? Definition
A research paper is academic writing that contains the author’s original investigation and presents the analysis, interpretation, and findings on a particular topic.
This assignment is given to the higher level students to university to Master and doctorate students. The complexity of research is depended on the level of their academics.
The main motive of the research is to define the topic, research on it, collect the data, investigate that and provide the best possible finding to prove his own point of view.
Writing a research paper is a long procedure which follows a specific structure. Through its follow a basic structure of essay writing, an introduction, the body part, and the conclusion.
The purpose of writing a research paper:
A research paper is an academic assignment that they have to complete before they will get their final degree so the main purpose of writing a research paper, is to get the final degree and this assignment is given to students to access their academic knowledge and the professional skills.
How to start a research paper writing: –
When you are writing a research paper, you will select a topic and structure a research question. Probably to prove your point and argument, you need to know how something happened and needs to collect information on the topic. This is the reason for performing research.
Furthermore, research is an important part when you will answer such questions such as what changes your paper can make and what all work has already been completed on this topic?
7 Main Types of Research Paper :
A research paper is the final product of the research process, critical thinking, and source assessment. A research paper not just provide valuable insight into the field it is been conducted, it also provides an opportunity for the students to develop their professional skills along with the knowledge on the subject.
Though a student asks to write a vast range of research papers, there are essentially a few main types of research papers.
- Type-1st: Argumentative Research Paper: In this kind of research paper your aim is to convince the reader with your point of view. In this research paper, you need to support your argument with logical facts and statistical data. Usually, a student will present two sides of controversial issues in the paper; analysis both sides and presents the pros and cons of both sides and support one side of the argument.
- Type-2nd: Cause and Effect Research Paper: This is the simplest type of research paper. This research paper includes a thorough study of the defined topic, organizing in the research process and writes the paper with citations and references.
This research is done to assess the expected results on a particular topic in a logical progression way, which is clearly understandable by the readers. This type of paper simply answers the “why and what” questions. The answer reflects the effects and the causes.
This kind of research paper is assigned to the high school and college students. The main of assigning this type of research paper is to teach the students how to write a research paper.
- Type-3rd: Analytical Research Paper: This research paper has aimed to provide as much information as possible on a topic. This kind of paper doesn’t support any point of view. The student will provide much evidence and information to support his argument equally and allow the reader to form his own conclusion.
This is a simple type of research which aims to provide information on a particular topic.
- Type-4th: Definition Research Paper: This is a paper where you define a topic with several points of view, present many complex and easy definition of a topic. In this research paper, the writer aims to describe a topic from an accurate perspective so a reader can understand it. These research papers are e most informative and self-explanatory paper.
- Type-5th: Compare and Contrast Research Paper: This kind of research paper is written to compare to topics, subject, viewpoint or other criteria; how to relate, what are similarities and what are the differences in both points.
In this paper, the author doesn’t support anyone’s topic or doesn’t persuade the reader with an opinion but he enlightens both topics physiologically and philosophically.
This type of research paper is commonly given to the Social Science, Philosophy and literature students.
- Type-6th: Report paper: This research paper is an organized and detailed form of the research paper, where an author chooses a topic, research on it, covey the information to the reader using different evidence in form of graphs, chart, list, example, interviews, and experiment, etc.
Report papers are often used when an author needs to write a memorandum or business events. These are usually written to outline a case study situation. Report paper is a logical summary of a case or situation.
- type 7th: Interpretative Research Paper: This type of research paper is based on the author’s opinion. This type of paper is often required in social science, literature, and humanities. A student is present theoretical knowledge gained in a specific case study or in a specific course of lecture example a business situation in a management course or a poem in literature.
A student uses the learned theoretical knowledge to write this paper and present a thesis Writing statement using supportive information and present the finding.
Above are the seven main type of research paper which is widely given to the students. Although understanding all of them is quite a daunting task, when you start writing it you will understand their differences more clearly such as how to write a research paper and how to structure a research paper.
I hope the information provided above is useful to you and helps you to cope up with your research paper assignment. We understand the importance of writing an assignment for academic success.
This blog has given you general guidance about the research paper and the type of research paper but when you start writing your research paper, there are many things that will appear. You could find it a most complex task because you also need to know how to structure a research paper and what format you need to use.
Therefore, completing a research paper on your own is a quite tough job. We recommend you to take a Ph.D. research paper writing help so you can avail the maximum marks in your paper.
We are Online Assignment Helpers; we can help you in completing all the academic writing and getting A+ grades.
Benefits of taking help from Research Paper Writing services from singaporeassignmenthelp.com
- You can submit your quality research paper as we complete your research paper on time and deliver it to you before the deadline.
- You can avail of our help in economic charges as we provide all the Academic Assignment Help at a very low price.
- You will not have to worry about the plagiarism as we deliver your work with a plagiarism check report.
- Referencing and citation is the biggest subject of worry for the students, we can help you with the citation and referencing your paper according to your university guidelines.
- You will definitely get maximum grades as our writers have a record of getting good grades till now.