How to Promote Children’s Health and Wellbeing in Early Years
The wellbeing of a child is extremely important as children are the future of a country. Everyone should be much concerned about their health and wellbeing. It is necessary to spread awareness in a child during their childhood days. Habits developed during this phase of life prevail for life long and children become more active about spreading the gained knowledge to others.
Schools, neighborhoods, homes are some places where the children learn the manners and things that they can apply to live a healthy and active life. To lead a busy and hygienic life is essential and to start spreading awareness about health and wellbeing is more important. This concept is not only generated for children but youngsters as well. In the name of modern lifestyle, people have adapted many unhealthy and unhygienic habits that not only affect their wellbeing but their career too. A good job and sound mind is a direct outcome of a healthy body. So in this handout, it is clearly explained the importance of this concept and other factors that should be known related to it.
Importance of promoting the Wellbeing
Wellbeing includes a feeling of goodness in every sector of life, i.e. physical, social, economical, and environmental. A healthy lifestyle means a happy and stress-free fortune. It is generally seen that a healthy and physically fit individual done his or her with more efficiency than an unfit human. A child well being is directly depended on the family conditions. So for a well-being child, parents must focus on themselves so that their child could learn from them. As children are the weapons for any country’s development. So it must be focused that their growing children are nourishing properly.
It is generally be noted that the child with physical impairment or any disability would lead a life more stressful and complicated than an average human. Efficiency and accuracy in work done by both types of children have a comparable difference. It the growing children of the country are not wellbeing than the state itself becomes handicapped. The future of any country is in the hands of the children, so it is necessary to have a particular focus on their wellness.
The Enabling Environment Impact
A child’s emotional wellbeing depends upon the environment he is living in. Every child has the same health when they are born in the same situation, but gradually it declines or improves depending on the factors they are leading. The more affected dimension of wellbeing through the environment is emotional wellbeing.
Emotional wellbeing can be concluded balanced or imbalanced according to the reactions a child gives on a particular situation. If he is reacting normally like other healthy children do they there is least need to keep the focus on this factor of the child. But in else condition, it becomes extremely necessary to keep a regular check on that child and take appropriate actions as required.
Dimensions of wellness
Wellness of a child can be measured through 6 different sectors. Each dimension, directly and indirectly, depends upon one and another. Wellness in all six areas is necessary for a healthy life of an individual. In this handout, there is a brief description of each dimension, along with its importance in regards to the child. Spiritual wellness, social, emotional, physical, intellectual and environmental wellness; these all are the names of different sectors of wellbeing. Below is a brief description of each of the dimensions mentioned earlier!
- Spiritual wellbeing: Many people relate spirituality with the god, religions, faith and its belief. But first, let me clear you all it is not precisely that. Spirituality is related to finding the mysteries of day to day life. It also means connecting the people with different things, the world, and the universe. It makes them aware of love and peace in their life. It allows them to live with harmony.
- Social wellbeing: Social wellness is somewhat related to the ability of the child to withstand many social issues. It is also related to the interaction of the children with others. It is necessary for the students because it enables the child to understand the interdependency with others without any relationship.
- Emotional wellness: It is related to the feeling of love, kindness, peace and other emotions of the child. It sets them to create a sense of unity.
- Physical wellness: It involves the overall structure of the child. It is related to complete health, including height, weight, fitness, etc. Physical health directly influences the working ability.
- Intellectual wellbeing: It is related to the interacting ability of the child, and also it influences the friendly nature of the individual.
- Environmental wellness: It involves the interaction of the child to the external environment and their role in preserving and securing it.
Factors that can affect the well-being of a child and how they can be supported
There could be many factors that can somehow affect the health and wellbeing of a child. But the main factors that a child has regular contact are his parents, school and the neighborhoods. They learn more from them and develop their habits accordingly. Another factor that can support them to become more aware can be govt. Govt. can put some rule and organize the events through which a child become more active and mindful about the importance of well-mannered life.
It is not enough to learn about the health and wellbeing of a child. But to understand its importance is equally necessary. Teachers and other people should focus on every dimension (mainly categorized in six sizes) of a child- either physical or emotional or any other. The factors that are defined above that can affect the wellbeing of a child should be adequately considered. Appropriate actions should also be taken before it becomes too late to support the affected child.