Plagiarism Meaning and How can you Avoid Plagiarism!
In Ireland, if you copy from someone’s copy at school, or make a duplicate copy of particular writing from someone else’s creation at the job is same as cheating. At school when you were caught cheating you were scolded by your teachers.
However, if you are caught at work that your writing material is copied from someone else then the outcome would be even worse. You may end up losing your job and also your reputation will be at stake.
You must avoid plagiarism at any cost at school, college or a job. This piece of writing will tell how plagiarism is wrong and harmful for your future. It will also educate you about ways to avoid plagiarism.
What is plagiarism- Definition & Meaning
Any fully copied material from someone or from other sources is called plagiarism. The copied works can be written sentences, phrase, and paraphrases, ideas, etc. The habit of copying generally happens at school and when you are caught by your teachers they might explain to you the bad effects of cheating.
However, you will not be aware of the plagiarism which you had committed. The definition of plagiarism is the practice of copying and claiming someone else’s work or idea as your own which is not ethical.
In other words, plagiarism is also termed as theft, piracy or violation of copyright. Though plagiarism does not sounds the same like copyright infringement but still is similarly against the law laid out by the Government of Ireland.
This is generally addressed to especially upon the perspective of an author or a journalist. Moreover, plagiarism is also present in academics and you must never indulge in that sense it can make your grades lower.
Why Plagiarism is wrong?
Though academic plagiarism is not against law it is against the ethics of an ideal academic life. Plagiarism is bad for students since it can cut off their grades. In the same way, plagiarism is bad for journalists and writers at a job since their career will be at stake. Here are the reasons why plagiarism is wrong, which are:
- Plagiarism is horrific for business: In the media and writing industry, plagiarism is a great bane for the writing professionals. It is plagiarizing other people’s work and call it as your own and is just the bad way to do business. When the readers will see that you have copied content from other sources exactly, they will not trust upon the writings of your paper and website.
You will lose your customers and slowly there will be a great fall in the readership. If it is an online content there will be less page traffic. In the media industry, plagiarism is a bad idea to do business. If the readers found out that the content is the same as other websites or papers then they will trust upon your company’s online content.
It is because since there is no extra information or unique ideas to keep the customers hooked to read the content. You must learn ways to create unique ideas and also learn how to summarize without plagiarized while writing for the business of a particular brand or company.
- Plagiarism is ethically bad: Most of the companies look down upon plagiarism and if you are a journalist or a professional writer then you must discourage the practice of plagiarism. You know that plagiarism at the workplace will take away your job and reputation from you at the same time.
- Plagiarism is wrong at academics: If you are studying at schools and colleges and were given a particular assignment to write like an essay, thesis or research paper, subsequently you must avoid copying from your friends or from other sources such as online or books.
If the teachers see that you have submitted a copied assignment then apart from a good scolding, you will also get poor grades. This is definitely not good for your academic career.
Best Tips to Avoid Plagiarism?
In order to avoid plagiarism, you must simply not copy another person’s work. It happens that most of the time when you are writing something you do not deliberately use, but end up using plagiarism sentences and paraphrases.
It is better that you cross-check after you write with plagiarism – checker which is easily available online. If you intend to use only the unique content instead of plagiarism content, then these tips will be very beneficial for you. The tips are as follows:
- You must try to write your own and just play with the words effectively. You must avoid copying and pasting content from one source to your writing page.
- Avoid using stray quotes, sentences, and phrases. Moreover, you must also be aware of the plagiarism facts.
- It is good to cite a source where the content you have used in writing blogs, essays, and articles.
- When you are using someone else’s ideas it is absolutely fine. However, it will look good if you mould the idea in your own creative words and phrases.
- If you take ideas from some books then you must also use quotes cited correctly in the source.
- When you are writing an article or a news story, it is best to use various sources to seek information and write. If you steal the exact writings of the source ideas then you will be found guilty of plagiarism. It is better to use ideas from more than one source and also add some new ideas which are not present in other sources. In this way, you will end up giving a unique writing piece which is free from plagiarism.
- You must find a trustable online tool of plagiarism checker which will detect plagiarism content immediately. Turnitin is known to be the best plagiarism checker tool found so far. In addition to this, there are also other free software tools which can solve the problem of plagiarism. You are just required to put your content in the software and check for plagiarism. In this way, you can easily detect plagiarism and replace them with unique words and phrases.
- After you finish up writing the content, you must review it repeatedly. Once you check for the accuracy and authenticity of grammar, facts and cited sources and plagiarism, it is ready to be published.
- If you are writing for academic purpose, you must take students assignment help from native Irish writers at IrelandAssignmentHelp.Com. They will help you write assignments, essays, etc which are unique and plagiarism- free. They are ready to serve the students and professionals of all parts of Ireland such as Dublin, Cork, etc.
Thus, now that you are known how plagiarism can provide a bad effect on your career and academics. It is best to avoid using plagiarism in all your writings. The tips which are discussed above to avoid plagiarism are quite useful. Ireland writing professionals and students must follow the tips and create the best writing piece which is not plagiarized.