|University||The Open University (OU)|
|Subject||5N2770 Care Skills|
Write a comprehensive discussion on the care of clients at risk of developing a pressure ulcer. Your assignment will be assessed on the following:
- Understanding of Pressure Ulcers
- Care Interventions & Needs of a Client at risk
- Recommendations on Best Practice
- Evidence of Reflection on knowledge gained
Write your assignment to a third party. The assignment must be referenced with relevant material.
INTRODUCTION: In this section introduce your topic, aims, and objectives of the assignment.
PRESSURE ULCERS: In this section, you need to provide an overview of Pressure Ulcers, key areas to address include:
CARE NEEDS & INTERVENTIONS: In this section, you need to discuss the care of a client who would be at risk of developing a pressure ulcer, this will be based on your knowledge gained through the module material and external research. You should address this section under the following headings:
- Physical needs (hygiene, skincare, dietary needs, mobility, toileting or incontinence, repositioning )
- Assessment tools (Waterlow, Falls Assessment tools, Barthel Index, Pain assessment tools, etc.)
- Maintaining a safe environment (pain, infection control)
- Communication needs.
- Required Mechanical aids, pressure-relieving devices, and manual handling techniques applied.
RECOMMENDATIONS: In this section outline interventions, based on best practice guidelines, that can be promoted to enhance a clients quality of care in relation to:
- Recommended care practices/alternative care measures to prevent the development of pressure sores.
- Importance of reporting changes in clients’ condition to supervisor/nurse in charge.
EVALUATION: In this section, you are required to reflect on the knowledge gained from researching pressure ulcers and evaluate preventive measures that can be effective in reducing the risks of clients developing pressure ulcers.