|University||The Open University (OU)|
|Subject||5N3734: Infection Prevention & Control|
Learners are required to present four reflective journals in relation to Infection Control & Prevention. When writing the journals, learners can draw on either or both of the following;
1. Work-related experiences, past or current.
2. New (earnings and knowledge gained from studying the course – with reference to relevant research undertaken.
Journal (1): Reflect on your role in providing for a healthy and safe environment for clients staff and visitors.
Journal (2): Reflect on your knowledge and understanding of the Chain of Infection in relation to a specific infection.
Journal (3): Reflect on your knowledge of a specific Healthcare-Associated Infection.
Journal (4): Reflect on factors that influence compliance with Infection Control and Prevention wi healthcare settings.
- Reflects on the provision of a healthy and safe environment.
- Reflects and illustrates knowledge of the chain of infection.
- Reflects on knowledge of healthcare-associated infections.
- Reflects on factors that influence compliance with infection prevention and control.