Analyze the case study in relation to the challenges that Acorn had to manage based on the advice and actions of the consultants and answer the following questions:
- Analyze the relationship between Acorn and the consultancy company
in relation to:
- At the start of the consultancy process (Entry Stage), what could
both Acorn and the consultancy company have done differently
to establish a good consulting relationship?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Acorn using an
external consultant. Would Acorn have had a better outcome if
they had not engaged the consultants?
- Discuss the model of consultant that Acorn expected and why
they had this expectation e.g. Expert, Doctor-Patient or
- Analyze and discuss the consultant’s behavior from an ethical perspective.
Link your answers back to the relevant theory
2) How could Acorn have ensured that the positive culture that existed before the change was maintained during the transition period
- Discuss the culture that existed and what is involved in creating
a positive culture within the organization
- Discuss the issues that negatively impacted the culture and
what could have been done to reduce the negative impact?
Analyze and discuss the challenges to both parties when clients
and consultants are from different cultures
- What should be considered when working with different
- Who should adapt their culture to suit the needs/values of the
other party? Provide a solid argument for why you believe this.
Refer to the relevant theory in your answer.
e.g. Maslow, Herzberg, Theory X & Y, etc