|University||Dublin City University (DCU)|
1. Discuss the different meanings that ‘Europe’ can take. Why does it vary so, and what are its political implications? Can Europe ever be thought of as one, and does it necessarily need to?
2. Is the parliamentary system of government better than the presidential model?
3. Why is parliament in decline?
4. Do you agree that if we wish to understand the behavior and activities of teenagers in public spaces, we also need to attend to issues of social control, spatial exclusion, and resistance?
5. Compare the effects of the single transferable vote system in Ireland and Australia. What does the experience in the two countries teach us about the consequences of electoral systems?
6. How do we know that election campaigns matter?