|University||Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT)|
|Subject||SPHE (Primary Teaching)|
“Why do children need SPHE?”. Critically discuss this question and present evidence to support your answer.
Make reference to
- The guidelines on ‘Well-being in Primary Schools’ (2015)
- Wellbeing Policy Statement and Framework for Practice (2019)
- Morgan, M. (2014) ‘Well-being of Irish children:
- the current picture based on the findings of ‘Growing up in Ireland”’,
- Understanding well-being in changing times: the role of SPHE, Proceedings form the 2nd SPHE Network Conferences.
- St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, 4 October 2014.
- Dublin: SPHE Network, p. 7-16.
Include 5 additional academic references for your choice.
Reflect on the Keynote by Prof. Mark Morgan (reference above) and form your informed understanding of well-being and SPHE and what can, and cannot, be achieved in this subject.
Make reference to your boundaries as a primary school teacher. Your academic essay question must include a minimum of five academic references from various published sources and a reference list (the policy documents and the Primary curriculum are not considered Academic References). *You can include Morgan (2014) as one of your academic references.