|University||Griffith College Dublin (GCD)|
Website: Using HTML and CSS design a web page for a Summer Music Festival taking place on the Coast of Ireland.
The website will have 4 HTML pages:
1. a homepage
2. a page with details of the line-up/acts
3. a page with details of the area/location
4. a contact page
The website should:
- have a well-thought-out and consistent design that uses at least 1 media query to change the layout of columns
- use HTML5 semantic tags where available
- make good and efficient use of CSS
- use media queries to enable a layout that changes dynamically based on screen size
- have a pleasant and well-designed color scheme
- adhere to best practice and basic web standards (validate your HTML and CSS)
- include text content that has been created by you or borrowed from a relevant website (cite your source in the report and make sure you do not use the same layout as the site!)
- include embedded media such as images, audio, and/or video
- The contact page should include a web form with appropriate methods, controls, and validation settings that will process correctly using a basic mailto action
- use a number of internal and external links that should all work correctly
- have comments added to code where appropriate
Report: The website should be accompanied by a report documenting the decisions made in developing the website.
The reports should include the following six sections:
1. Introduction / Background
2. Process – Explain the process used or steps are taken to create the website
3. Design/Layout: – Detail the design, color, and layout choices made and including images and diagrams that illustrate the website layout process.
4. Coding for Responsive Design: – This section should include information about what steps you have taken to ensure that your website displays well on multiple screen sizes.
5. Organization: – Explain your folder structure, and include a diagram of your folder structure.
6. Conclusion: – The report should be submitted in the format of a Word document.