Substance Use – Issues for Youthwork QQI Level 5 Assignment Example Ireland
The following assignment sample is written on Substance Use – Issues for Youth Work 5N2176 assignment example which is a Level 5 course of Minor award type. The purpose of this award is to teach learners to get skilled, competent, and knowledgeable to safely work in a team effectively.
It involves engagement with the young minds and communities who are involved in substance use in youth and community work settings.
The successful completion of this program enables a learner to head towards other programs for learning and receiving other certificates where the component is mandatory.
Course Title – Substance Use – Issues for Youthwork
Award Type – Minor
Code – 5N2176
Level – 5
Credit Value – 15
Aims of Substance Use – Issues for Youthwork Course
The Substance Use – Issues for Youthwork 5N2176 FETAC Level 5 course is specially designed for the following reasons to achieve its aims:-
- Promotion of good practices among the workers who are paid to work with young people and communities who get easily affected by various issues.
- It promotes the development of coherent responses at the individual and organizational levels. It gives learners important information and knowledge in sourcing or resourcing applicable support systems both within and outside their communities.
- This course aims to promote a reduction of harmful effects of substance use by lowering the young individual’s risk profile.
- Promotion of abstinence from using drugs or alcohol use or a reduction in its usage.
- Provides support and guidance to families who can help the young person in their family to address these issues of substance use.
- It provides a proper intervention for young minds with the best international research and standards.
Learning Outcomes of Substance Use – Issues for Youthwork 5N2176 Course
- This course module teaches the learners about different types of range of substances, usage, signs, symptoms, effects, and legal status of such substances.
- It helps in identifying the many developments that take place in an individual from childhood to adolescence. Such a development can be social, biological and psychological, etc. As stages of development progress, the needs of such a person also change gradually.
- Learners learn to examine a range of various prevention and treatment strategies focusing on the young people’s response to substance use. Such initiatives for substance use can be at the national level, community-based or voluntarily done.
- Effective and collaborative work with the young people and demonstration of social skills by making a network relationship with each other.
- Exploration of the actual reasons for the youngsters to get an inclination towards substance use can be due to peer pressure, poverty, unemployment, etc.
- Identification of the theories of addiction or dependency and effects on individuals or family or community or society.
- Examination of issues related to young people and substance use external influence from the media portrayal of such products etc.
- Getting valid support from the voluntary and government-run organizations which deal with personal drug-related abuse of youth at their workplace and community.
- Contribution to the development of policy and codes of practice in relation to substance use.
- Exploration of the young people’s attributes and values towards substance use. For Example – Seeing their responses, denial, or deterrence towards such use of substances.
Assessment Techniques of Substance Use – Issues for Youth Work 5N2176 Course
All sorts of assessments must be planned in accordance with the program assessment strategy which is developed as a part of program submission for validation.
Only in a few exceptional cases, the assessment techniques can be replaced with different techniques of assessment for program validation and this can be decided by the assessor himself.
Group or teamwork can form a part of the assessment and each learner must be assessed separately. Assessment Plans need to be submitted as a part of the application for validation of the program.
To display the skills, competence, efficiency, and knowledge of the learners and to analyze whether they have achieved all their learning outcomes. Learning assessments needs to be undertaken by the learners.
All learning outcomes must be assessed and achieved with the minimum intended module learning outcomes set out in the validated program.
An assessor devises assessment instruments that need to be inconsistent with the QQI’s assessment requirements.
Two assignments are to be submitted by the learners and assessment evaluation will be decided by the submission of these assignments and project. Their weightage for the assessment evaluation will be considered the same.
Assignment – 50%
Project – 50%
- Project is usually carried out for an extended period of time which involves extensive research on the various issues and topics. This can also include task performance or production of an artifact or event.
- The assignment is meant for a shorter period of time, unlike the Project which is being carried out for a specific period of time. It is made in response to a brief with specific guidelines.
Hurry! Get Quality Writing Assistance From Our Irish Writing Company!
The above-written assignment sample is based upon the Substance Use- Issues for Youthwork 5N2176 course.
Community Addiction Studies QQI Level 5, Substance Use Issues and Community Work Settings QQI Level 5, Drug Prevention, Education and Awareness QQI Level 6, Young People and Society QQI Level 5, Youthwork and Community Studies QQI Level 5 students can read this assignment sample to gain an understanding of writing such assignment samples.
Ireland assignment help can assist students with essay writing and can do their assignments at a cheap price. We provide the best-paid childcare assignment writing help. Essays and assignments written by our writers are plagiarism-free content.
- PS415 Perception, Attention, Performance Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- Marx’s Concept of Historical Materialism Essay Example Ireland
- 5N1553 Applied Permaculture QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N1439 Ecological Field Methods QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N2751 Laboratory Skills QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N5027 Sustainable Water Management QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N1915 Continuous Improvement in Manufacturing QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N4974 Building Services QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N4546 Bioprocessing QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N1570 Building Construction QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N1558 Architectural Drawing QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N4975 Renewable Energy Systems QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N1442 Environmental Studies QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N1637 Materials Science QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 4N1170 Work Practice QQI Level 4 Assignment Sample