Essay example of Anxiety Disorder for Irish students
Anxiety is a normal response to tension or stress. The anxiety definition states that it is beneficial in some real-life situations. It gives an alert to dangers, threats, and prepare for the upcoming task. However, anxiety disorders are different from ordinary feelings of anxiousness, nervousness, and include excessive anxiety or fear. These are the common types of mental disorders that affect adults at some point in life.
Anxiety disorders can cause people to avoid several situations and can affect job performance, personal relationships, and even schoolwork. However, with the advancement of medical science, it is now possible to treat anxiety disorder or anxiety attacks. The anxiety treatment helps people to live their life normally.
Types of anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder: It is also called social phobia. When an individual feels overwhelming worry or self-consciousness about day-to-day social activities then it means they are suffering from a social anxiety disorder. People suffering from this type of anxiety disorder worry about other judgments and being embarrassed.
- Panic disorder: The individual with this type of anxiety disorder feels intense and sudden fear that gets on a panic attack. During a panic attack, an individual may have chest pain; experience a fast heartbeat, and breaks out in a sweat.
- Generalized anxiety disorder: An individual suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feel unrealistic worry, excessive tension with little or no reason.
- Phobias: Anyone having anxiety disorder feels intense fear of a certain situation or any object. The fear causes an individual to avoid ordinary situations and act non-vigorously.
Symptoms of anxiety disorder
Generally, anxiety disorder symptoms depend on the anxiety type that an individual has. Some common symptoms include:
- Excessive fear or worry
- Panic and uneasiness
- Feelings of danger
- Incapable to breathe, concentrate, and sleep comfortably
- Not being able to stay focused and calm
- Sweaty, cold, tingling, or numb feet and hands
- Shortness of breath
- Hyperventilation (Breathing quickly than normal)
- Dry mouth
- Heart palpitations
- Tense muscles
- Rumination (Thinking about any trouble over and over again)
- Failure to concentrate
- Obsessively avoiding feared places and objects
What causes anxiety disorder?
- Environmental stress: The individuals who have seen or lived any stressful event can suffer from an anxiety disorder. The circumstances can include neglect, childhood abuse, being attacked, death of a closed one, or seeing violence.
- Medical conditions: Some lung, heart, and thyroid conditions can cause anxiety disorder symptoms. It becomes efficient to get a physical test and ask the doctor about anxiety.
- Brain chemistry: According to research, anxiety disorders can be linked with faulty circuits in the brain that direct emotions and fear.
- Genetics: Anxiety disorders can also be a result of heredity. If anyone in the family has or experienced anxiety disorder then there are high chances that the next generation can also suffer.
Example essay on anxiety disorder for students
Title: What are the treatments of anxiety disorder?
There are several anxiety treatments to manage or reduce its symptoms. Medication is one of the effective treatments that help in reducing anxiety symptoms. It includes antidepressants such as bupropion, benzodiazepines, tricyclics, anticonvulsants, and many more. Though medications will not cure the anxiety completely, it can give relief from general symptoms.
Psychotherapy is the effective anxiety treatment that helps an individual to learn emotions affect their behaviors. CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the type of psychotherapy that teaches how to turn negative thoughts, panic causing behaviors into the positive behaviors. It helps an individual to manage worrisome and fearful situations without feeling anxiety.
Buy 100% unique and quality essay from psychology experts of Ireland
The students seeking help with college assignments should contact expert writers of IrelandAssignmentHelp.com. It is the most reliable and leading writing company that provides the students with standard essay solutions. The students should stop asking to write my essay by hiring the trained psychology writers of Ireland. Moreover, the team of professional academic writers understands the value of money. Thus, they offer quality essay writing solutions at reasonable prices for Irish students.
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Conditions Essay Sample Ireland
- Pain Management Sickle Cell Disease Essay Sample
- Management Infectious Disease Childcare Settings Essay Sample
- Blind man on his daily needs, physical, emotional and spiritual
- Parkinson’s chronic disease for older care Assignment Sample
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Ireland Essay
- Chlamydia-Sexual Health Essay Sample
- Alzheimer Disease Essay
- Stroke cause and Treatment Care skills Demonstration Assignment Example
- Anxiety Disorder Essay Sample
- Signs of Mental illness in infants Essay
- Helping ADHD child focus without Medication Essay Sample
- Schizophrenia Essay Sample
- Mental Illness Essay Sample
- Common Childhood illnesses – Essay Writing Sample