Food Regulations of Ireland Essay
The food safety regulations are essential to ensure that the food is safe . The quality must be ensured at every stage along the supply chains in both international and local trade markets so that the quality is not compromised. The trade is closely related to food security, nutrition and food safety.
The Various Acts passed by the Irish government is meant for regulation of food quality and safety. It is the only single market in EU that guarantees free movement of goods, capital services and labour.
The Food Acts in Ireland
The Various Acts passed for ensuring food quality, safety and control are :-
1. Food Safety Act, 1990
The main responsibilities for all food businesses under the Act is to ensure that the food quality served is good. Food must have an expected quality by the consumers. The food to be labelled, advertised and presented in such a way that it is not false or misleading.
2. Food Standards Act, 1999
It has a purpose to establish the Food Standards Agency. It is there to provide functions and powers to be transferred in relation to food safety and standards.
The main goal is to protect public health and security in relation to food. It gives the power to act in consumers interest in food production and supply chain.
3. Food Safety Order,1991 (Northern Ireland)
Managers of large and medium sized businesses are responsible for food quality and customer health and safety. A food business must comply with the provisions of food laws and food hygiene legislation. The food hygiene includes elements :-
- Premises layout
- Temperature control
- Personal hygiene
EU legislation provides general principles of food safety in compliance with food laws. They are:-
- Traceability of food
- Presentation of food
- Provision of suitable food information
- For withdrawal or recall of unsafe food placed on the market
- To ensure food imports and exports in compliance with the food laws.
The Food Safety Authority Of Ireland (FSAI)
Ireland is a beautiful country with huge variety of options in food leading to opening up of many food outlets. It has caused spread of food bugs etc so in order to keep a food hygiene The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) was established under The Food Safety Authority of Ireland Act, 1998. This Act was enacted on 1st July 1998 and came into effect on 1st January 1999.
It is a statutory body dedicated to public health, food safety and hygiene. The body has 10 board members governed under the Minister of Health. There are 15 member of Scientific Committee that advises the Board regarding quality of food, safety and hygiene.
Responsibility of FSAI
- Manages the risk in food chain and respond to any national or international food incident or crises. It manages the shortage of food during wars and crises.
- FSAI ensures the safety, interest and authentication of food chain. And detects, deter any breach of food law and thereby taking action to protect the consumers.
- It supports Ireland’s food safety regulators to implement a fair and consistent system of law and enforcement.
- Strives for world class official food control system for Ireland.
- Ensures that the food produced, distributed and marketed in Ireland meets the highest standards of food hygiene and safety.
- It works along with the Food industry where the training is being provided to the professionals. In order to improve, harmonise and co ordinate food safety in country. It has a purpose of educating the food industry and general public to know about food handling, preparation, storing and transportation.
Plagiarism free content for Essay Writers
The above essay written could be referred to by biotechnology, law and economics students . It can also help the writers who are associated with healthcare.
The law students who need a quality research work to write proper laws and regulations in relation to food needs expert guidance. They must consult a legal content writer and expert. We have nutritionists and food experts who can guide you with food policy and regulations.
The Ireland Assignment Helpers and our experts are at your service to assist and guide you any time.
- Children and Families Act, 2014
- Food Regulations Ireland
- Principle of employment law Essay Sample
- Relevant Legislation about Disability Research paper Sample
- History of Legislation Thesis paper Sample
- Constitutional and Institutional law of the European Union Essay Sample
- Family Law Provisions Regulating Divorce Essay Sample
- Media law regarding harmful speech Essay
- International Human Rights Law Essay Sample
- Intellectual Property Rights Culture Economics Essay Sample