Essay sample on Health, Safety and Welfare Act 2005
Various career, as well as technical education centers in Ireland, offers students a great chance to learn vocational skills. They aim to prepare the students for future success by combining education with efficient practical skills that can be used in the workforce. The students can learn why is it important to protect the health, safety, and wellbeing at work for all employees and employers. The duties of the employees and employers at the worksite are reflected in Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005. The act particulars the functions, as well as roles of the Health and Safety Authority, offers a range of enforcement measures applied and states penalties.
The Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005 has replaced the Safety, Health and Welfare Act 1989 and aims to make further provision for the health, safety, and welfare of individuals at work. The vocational area in healthcare is becoming more and more renowned in Ireland, with the increase in post-secondary education qualifications. The Act clarifies and promotes the responsibilities of employers, employees, and several other parties concerning health and safety at work.
Objectives of Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005
Career tech centers in Ireland provide a great opportunity for students for learning practical skills that can lead to successful careers instantly upon graduation. A major concentration of vocational training centers is within the field of healthcare. Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005 is something that all students seeking a career in the healthcare sector should be familiar with. Following are the objectives of the Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005:
- The Act applies to all self-employed, employers, and employees working at the worksite. It places duties on suppliers, manufacturers, designers, and other individuals working in the healthcare center.
- It introduced protective and preventive measures that should be maintained within the working environment.
- The Act highlighted the emergencies and serious dangers that must get addressed in the healthcare industries.
What are the employer duties under the Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005?
The famous health care training programs include certified nursing assistants, dental aide, physical therapy aide, administrative medical aide, radiology aide, or pharmacy aide. By getting vocational training in such fields provides high opportunities for career growth, or as a foundation for further education at a college or university. The students can go through with the extensive duties of employers working in the healthcare sector:
- The employers have the right to provide instructions, information, supervision, and even training if necessary.
- It is the responsibility of the employers to provide working systems that are organized, planned, performed, and well-maintained.
- Employers should prepare and revise emergency plans to ensure safety in the workplace.
- The employers must make sure that the designated competent persons (section 18) and safety representative (section 25) has the right to use the Risk Assessment and Information from preventive measures.
- The capabilities of the employees about health, safety, and welfare should be taken into account by employers.
The high school students of Ireland are robustly encouraged to explore their options at career tech or vocational areas. It is an effective and cost-effective way to explore different employment options and duties within the healthcare sector.
Sample essay on Health, Safety and Welfare Act 2005
Title: How can employers prevent improper conduct and behavior in the workplace?
To prevent horseplay, bullying, harassment, or any kind of misbehavior that acts as a threat to employee’s safety should be addressed through appropriate procedures. Under the Health, Safety, and Welfare Act 2005, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the employer’s health, welfare, and safety at work. Additionally, employers can put bullying and harassment prevention measures in place to make sure employers feel safe at the worksite.
Get expert-written healthcare essay papers at a reasonable rate in Ireland
The students asking can anyone complete my healthcare assignment should consult the expert writing team of IrelandAssignmentHelp.com. The professional writers aim to provide 100% satisfaction and thus offer quality essay solutions to the students. The students can finish assignment homework timely by hiring an expert team of writers.
- Education Cognition Health
- Constructivist Approach Teaching Science
- Individual Education Plan
- Covid-19 Impact Ireland Education Essay Sample
- Train the Trainer Critical Reflection Sample
- Health, Safety and Welfare Act 2005 Essay Sample
- FETAC Train the Trainer Program Assignment Example
- Assistive Technology for Students with Disabilities Essay Sample
- Exam Fears Essay Sample
- Educational options for People with special Educational needs Essay Sample
- Speech Difficulties Essay Sample
- Individual Education Plan Sample
- Primary Teaching in Ireland Essay Sample
- Physical Education Essay Sample
- Justice in King Lear English Literature Essay Sample