Benefits and Risks of Hormones Replacement Therapy for Women Essay Example Ireland
Women in Ireland and across the world may suffer from hormonal problems as they get close to menopause. This is because as women get close to menopause then less progesterone and estrogen are produced in their ovaries.
Progesterone and estrogen are two hormones that control the monthly periodic cycle for women. These hormones also affect the female bones, vagina, and heart.
However, the symptoms of menopause can be eased out to a certain extent by hormone replacement therapy often abbreviated as HRT. In the HRT process, the hormones are replaced with those that are prepared in the laboratories.
In this context, it is important to understand the risk and benefits that are associated with HRT. If you are a woman and need hormone replacement therapies then you should consult a doctor before deciding to benefit from the therapy.
This essay discusses the various benefits and risks that are associated with HRT. The essay also discusses the ways and means to reduce the chances of issues related to HRT. The write-up also provides information on who must not use the HRT.
Benefits of using HRT
This section of the essay highlights the various benefits of utilizing HRT. The benefits are mentioned as follows:-
- Help a woman to sleep properly and in a better manner
- Benefit women by getting rid of night sweats and hot flashes.
- HRT also helps women folks to ease out itching and vaginal dryness
- Hormone replacement therapy helps women to make sex with their male partners less painful.
The effect of hormone replacement therapy on the health of women particularly after menopause is very important.
Studies reveal that HRT can do the following:-
- HRT can prevent the occurrence of fractures in female bones by the process of osteoporosis. In this context, it is important to understand that osteoporosis is a medical phenomenon in which the bones of the patient suffering from the health issue thin out.
- Some instances are suggestive of the fact that women who have undergone the process of HRT have less likelihood of facing heart-related ailments.
- Also, HRT helps women to lower the occurrences of dementia, particularly in aged females.
Risks of using HRT
The essay also helps the readers and the audience to know about the risks associated with using HRT. Early findings on women who were aged above 60 and have gone through the process of menopause and were taking progestin and estrogen are users of the HRT. Results show that women who have used the HRT have elevated risks of suffering from heart ailments, breast cancers, and strokes. As a consequence women were very much reluctant to use the HRT.
But later it showed that the benefits that are associated with HRT are more when compared to the risks associated with it and then women started using the therapy. Yet, there are still instances suggesting that the HRT can be a risky thing. Following are the reasons why HRT is believed to be a risky thing:-
- Endometrial cancers
- Blood clots
- Breast cancers
How do diminish the chances of issues while going with HRT?
Though several risks are associated with HRT yet there are ways to diminish the chances of issues while going with HRT. If you are a woman and you want to take HRT then you need to consult with the doctor before taking the therapy.
- It is recommended that you require commencing HRT within 10 years of the menopause condition. Or, you can start HRT before reaching the age of 60 years.
- Go with a low dose (HRT) because such a dose is known to work for you effectively and for a short period.
- If you are a woman and you are having your uterus then it is advised that you take progestin or progesterone.
- There are different forms of hormone replacement therapies that are available. Apart from pills, gels, patches, vaginal creams, mists, and vaginal rings there are other forms of HRT that you can ask for from the doctor.
- Being a woman you also require to consider doing pelvic exams and mammograms regularly.
Who must not use HRT?
There are risks associated with using HRT and hence it is not advised for use by certain individuals. It is a known thing that women use HRT. This section of the essay focuses on those who must abstain from using HRT simply because of the risks that are related to it.
- Female patients suffering from breast cancer issues
- Women suffering from ovarian cancers
- Patients (female) suffering from uterine or endometrial cancers
- Those female patients who complain of blood clots, liver diseases, or vaginal bleeding must not use HRT
- Stroke patients (female) must not use HRT
Grab Affordable essay writing services by experienced writers of Ireland Assignment Help
Want to avail of essay writing services then you must visit the Ireland Assignment Help. This is because you can obtain high-quality essays and other write-ups from this premium essay writing service.
You are only required describing to the professional assignment writers of this writing service provider about your writing needs and requirements. These professionals are there to offer you the best writing services that suit your interests.
The assignment help in Ireland is known to hire writers who are skilled in writing all sorts of assignment write-ups that are unique and free from grammar and spelling issues.
The essay writing service in Ireland has writers and as students, you can use their services to write an essay in Ireland. You can also request various Healthcare Assignment Help Ireland, Medical Science Assignment help, Biomedical Assignments & Homework Help from the professional writers to acclaimed assignment writing services of Ireland.
If you are a student in Ireland and want assignment writing services at affordable costs then you can approach skilled and experienced writers. You can pay the writers to do assignments. The writers also make sure that the students availing of their services get the best services and that within tight schedules.
- 5N1794 Safety and Health at Work Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5N0758 Care Support Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5M4339 Healthcare Support Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5M4468 Community and Health Services Assignment Sample Ireland
- Dementia Care and Awareness Assignment Sample Ireland
- FS6209 Ice cream Science and Technology UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- CT6102 Objective Assessment of Hearing: Principles of Auditory Evoked Potentials in Paediatric and Adult Populations UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- CPD1754 Hearing Balance and Communication: Impact on Quality of Life in the Older Population UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- CT6105 Hearing, Balance and Communication: Impact on Quality in Older Adults Population UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- NU6310 Implementation of Evidence-Based Practice for Quality Improvement in Healthcare UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- NU6005 Evidence Based Practice for Healthcare Professionals UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- MH6112 Ethical Controversies in End-of-Life Care UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- EH6140 Environmental Health: Principal Aspects and Burden of Disease UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- CG6015 Understanding Cognitive Disorders and Dementia UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- NU6313 Digital Healthcare UCC Assignment Sample Ireland