Impact of special needs of children on behaviour Essay Sample
This essay sample shall highlight upon the impact of special needs on the behaviour of children and special needs assistance (SNA). Special needs could be in the form of physical, emotional and developmental needs of a child.
These additional needs are given to those children who are physically disabled or have intellectual learning disabilities. They require special assistance and help to carry out with their daily routine and learning.
Special needs can also include special education of a disabled child who can learn from non main stream teaching techniques. Earlier such children were provided an environment of isolation for learning and growth and with the passage of time process has changed. Integrated school education has been introduced for the children with additional needs.
Such needs has an impact on the behaviour and an overall development of a child. The needs should be catered carefully by the parents and carers of the child as they need to be more sensitive with them.
We will further discuss in this sample about children with learning disabilities and it’s influence on behaviour, types of behaviour of children with special needs, causes of such behaviour and methods to control the effect of such behaviour.
Children with learning disabilities and impact on behaviour
Children with learning disabilities can have sudden emotional outburst, loud reaction or avoidance of eye contact with others.
Such children can have a negative impact on their learning process as they apart from being slow learners they also face anxiety and depression. It can affect their confidence, self esteem and increase their behavioural stress.
Learning disability could cause emotional frustration in children and adolescents creating confusion and contradiction in behaviour. They can perform certain difficult tasks with ease but might face problem in completing even simplest of work.
They face problem in group task and difficulty in reading which might affect their social relationships and values. Some of the prominent signs of problem in behaviour shown by children with learning disabilities are :-
- They do not complete school assignments and homeworks on time.
- There is no willingness to go to school as they prefer skipping classes.
- Low self esteem and passing of self derogatory and critical comments.
- Blaming teachers for their bad behaviour and performance in academics.
- Low communication with parents and carers.
- Finding studies and classwork very difficult to complete and understand.
- Children with learning disabilities are less socially interactive with other children and keep their problems confidential and private. They lack in social and emotional skills.
- Children with additional needs are more subjected to bullying and peer pressure.
- They are not very comfortable with the idea of asking for help from others.
Types of behaviour of a child with additional needs
- Children with additional needs have a negetive influence on their behaviour as they become self harmful and injurious. They’re aggressive in behaviour and can physically hurt themselves and others. Banging of door consistently, hair pulling, throwing things, pinching, shouting and screaming loud are some of the behavioral traits of such children.
- A destructive behaviour is created where he wants to destroy every physical object in front of him. Example – furniture, chairs, tables etc.
- They eat non edible items like chalks, stones, papers, pencil leads, metal etc. They create a habit of chewing on objects.
- Repetitions of words, speech and even actions while communicating with others.
- They create a habit of hitting others and physically injuring them. For instance, banging the heads of other children against door or wall, attacking them with sharp objects etc.
Causes of challenging behaviour and influence on child’s development
- A negative behaviour or influence is caused as a result of boredom and monotony in a child’s life. It encourages him to commit mischief and nuisance activities.
- Constant feeling of anxiety, loneliness and depression causes a negative influence in a child’s behaviour and growth.
- Any hormonal changes or imbalance during puberty of a child can affect his mood and behaviour.
- Feeling of sadness, fear, pain and frustration could lead to child’s aggressive behaviour and discomfort.
- Lack of care, emotional support and understanding of a child by parents or carers can cause a negative impact on child’s development.
Methods to manage a child’s behaviour with special needs
- A child with additional needs requires special attention and care to manage his behaviour. Using a simple and plain language for communication is must. Talking to them in a low pitched voice is important to calm down the anger and anxiety of such children.
- Minimising the physical risk or injury to health by parents or carers is must. Harmful and dangerous objects must be removed from the close proximity of the child. Keeping pillows so that they don’t hurt their heads.
- Recognition of early signs of learning disabilities and special needs of children can help in early detection and treatment of the child.
- Constant and consistent communication is required to create an emotional support and trust in them. Do not try to restrain them physically as it may make them more aggressive.
- Give praises and rewards for the good work and performance of the child in academics and even in non academic field. This will boost their self confidence and create a sense of self worth in such children.
Instant writing services for securing good position and grades in your class!
Above sample is based on the impact of special needs on behaviour of children. This topic deals with behaviour management and special needs assistance to children with additional needs.
Students might face issues in language, typing speed, English grammar and spelling of words while writing their college assignments. They can hire cheap essay writers for writing essays.
Disability, Childcare, Nursing, Well being, QQI Level 5 and 6, Management and Special Needs Assistance Level 6 students could refer to this essay to write their own college assignments.
Students can also write college assignments based on behavior management techniques, behavior management theories of Mayo, Special needs assistance, Skills demonstration, Children with additional needs etc..
Our online writing service of Ireland assignment help could write plagiarised free college assignments for a small amount and help you to secure good position in the class.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Impact of Special Needs on Behaviour
- Theoretical models of disability
- Physical and Learning Disabilities Types
- The Disability Act, 2005
- Depression in Young Adults with non verbal intellectual disability
- Intellectual Disability FETAC Level 5 Assignment Sample
- Cerebral Palsy Disability 9N Children Essay Sample
- Rights of Children with Disabilities Essay Sample
- Learning Disabilities Essay – Children with learning disabilities Example
- How to Promote Disability Awareness Essay Sample
- Types of Disabilities and Conditions Essay Sample
- Managing Employee with Disabilities Essay Sample