Ireland Climate Change Policy Essay Sample
The following essay sample work is based upon Ireland’s Climate Change Policy, the aims of the Climate Action Plan, and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Bill 2020. It shall also highlight the Climate Change in Ireland and actions taken by Ireland for Climate Change.
The Irish government has made a draft of the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Bill 2020. This Bill was introduced to make Ireland climate neutral by the year 2050. Some of the important key elements of the Bill are:-
- To reduce greenhouse gas emissions at an average rate of 7% per annum for the next ten years.
- To set 2050 as the climate target.
- Strengthen the role of the Climate Change Advisory Council.
- Revising the Climate Action Plan.
The Climate Action Bill is meant for Ireland to make it a global leader in terms of climate plans. It will provide a clear action plan to the businesses, economy, and the other communities to drive in the investment and allowing them to reach the climate targets.
This shall help in boosting the economy by enhancing the job market and by providing a safe, secured and healthy environment for society. This bill is an important part of the Irish legislation for any Climate Action.
Aims of the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Bill 2020
- Such Climate Action Bill was introduced to make a commitment for net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by the year 2050. Such a target can be achieved with the help of the National 2050 Climate Objective.
The state transits itself into a climate-resilient and climate-neutral economy by the end of the year 2050.
A climate-neutral economy means a sustainable developing economy where the greenhouse gas emissions are balanced and the excessive emission is being reduced.
The 2050 target given by the bill provides direction to Ireland to arrange it’s economy and society.
- Such a bill will be establishing the system of successive carbon budgets from the next year. It will set targets by allocating emission ceilings to the different sectors and such carbon budget will also include the greenhouse gas emissions. Such a carbon budget shall be allocated after every five years. The first carbon budget will range from 2021-2035.
The sectoral decarbonization and carbon budgetary process shall provide many ways to drive future investment and job creation in new sectors. It will increase a circular economy, sustainable agriculture, green infrastructure and clean mobility.
- Such a bill shall provide an annual revision of the Climate Action Plan and Development of a long-term National Climate Action Strategy after every decade. This will make better climate action at local and regional levels by developing five-year Climate Action Plans with mitigating measures.
It shall also help in achieving the commitment of climate and an opportunity to adapt. The Climate Change Advisory Council will propose and advise carbon budgets to the Irish government to increase their scientific expertise.
Climate Change in Ireland 2020
Ireland ranking the lowest in terms of climatic conditions and facing a crisis according to the 2020 Climate Change Performance Index. While most of the European Union member states are trying to reduce their emissions but Ireland has failed to meet the targets of the Paris Agreement so far.
It has turned out to be the worst performer amongst all the EU countries. Ireland has made many improvements in terms of the generation of renewable energy at the level of government.
The EU has become a role model for climate protection with the measures to achieve the climate target by 2030. It has a good implementation of the green deal. Such measures are helping the EU members to make a green recovery, adoption of renewable energy, use of such energy, and climate policy.
Only a government framework of a five-year budget plan can help in cutting down the emissions of greenhouse gases by 2030. The Irish government is trying to return Ireland to a more progressive position on the EU climate policy.
Actions Taken by Ireland for Climate Change
To achieve the first target of decarbonization the first National Mitigation Plan was adopted in the year 2017. This plan was criticized due to a lack of new policies as the state (Ireland) needed the most fundamental change of climate.
As a result of this, the Ministers of Ireland developed a National Development Plan called Project Ireland 2040 which is a Climate Action Plan.
Some groups of Irish citizens were established to investigate that how Ireland can be made a leader in tackling climate change. After this Ireland became the first country in the world to divest from fossil fuels to promote a cleaner energy system.
There were many recommendations from the citizen’s assembly including the 5-year carbon budget plan by a new Climate Action Council. There were other measures that were devised in the form of a higher carbon tax, the target of net-zero emissions, and farm emissions by the year 2050.
Ireland made the declaration of a Climate and Biodiversity Emergency after the UK and is the second country to do that in the world.
Get Professional Writing Services at the Possible Lowest Prices!
The above-written essay sample is based upon the Ireland Climate Change Policy.
Environmental Studies QQI Level 5, Applied Ecology QQI Level 5, Social Analysis QQI Level 6, Social Policy QQI Level 6, Social Studies QQI Level 5, Social Care QQI Level 6, Sustainable Development QQI Level 5students can read and relate to this essay sample to gain better understanding and awareness on such topics.
Our official website has many related assignments on this topic. Some of them are on Making Europe Climate Neutral By 2050, EU Industrial Strategy, Ecological Succession, Waste Management (environment) in Ireland.
You can get writing help from the Ireland assignment help website by paying our professional writers for the college assignments. They can write your essays at a cheap price.
- EYS1114 Integrated Community Based Work Practice Assignment Sample Ireland
- Anarchism Impact on Society Essay Sample
- The Economic Social Impact of Higher Education Essay
- SOC20260 Quantitative Research Methods UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5N1371 Social Analysis Fetac Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N2707 Working with Groups QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N0777 Community Development Practice QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N0765 Intercultural Studies QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N2708 Social Justice Principles FETAC Level 5 Assignment
- Gender Contemporary Irish Cinema Essay Sample
- Gender Pay Gap Ireland Essay Sample
- Development Irish Welfare State Essay Sample
- Ireland Climate Change Policy Essay Sample
- Fast Fashion Impact Society Environment Essay Sample
- Julius Caesar Facts