Late Adulthood Development Essay Sample
Late adulthood often begins at about the age of 65. Various late adulthood development theories suggest that it is crucial to find satisfaction and meaning in life instead of becoming disillusioned. Despite the challenges associated with late adulthood, it has found that growing old is not essentially related to physical or mental deterioration. Studies have revealed that many old aged people are happy when engaged with different types of activities. The students preparing essays on late adulthood development can research in-depth about the factors affecting ageism and aspects to promote development in the elderly.
The disengagement theory on late adulthood states that aging relieves old aged people from difficult roles and responsibilities. It shows that people in late adulthood face withdrawal from society as society opens up new opportunities for younger people. The activity theory contends that late adulthood challenges are normal with aging and activities are crucial to living a quality life. People who remain active physically, emotionally, and socially are capable to adjust better to the process of aging. The essay sample on late adulthood development helps Irish students to understand the physiological challenges and how to overcome them efficiently.
Late Adulthood Essay Sample for College Students
Physical Development in Late Adulthood
When people get aged they experience a decline in physical strength plus endurance. Several physiological changes occur in late adulthood including a decrease in the neural processes. The circulatory, as well as respiratory systems, become less efficient, and elder people experience changes in the gastrointestinal changes. Muscles become weaker during late adulthood unless the elderly perform some exercises.
Late Adulthood Cognitive Development
The study of cognitive development in late adulthood is quite complex. Neural and motor speeds decrease with the ageism due to which old aged people lack in performing day-to-day activities. Intellectual changes in late adulthood lead to a reduction in the ability to perform different activities. Apart from it, dementia is also responsible for the cognitive defects found in old aged people. Crystallized intelligence is also affected by the increasing age.
Late Adulthood Retirement
Retirement in late adulthood is the conventional option for many people. Many individuals prefer to work in old age even if they have enough income to maintain a satisfactory living standard. However, people suffering from chronic health issues like hypertension, arthritis, and rheumatism prefer to retire once they get old. It is because such health-related problems interfere with the quality of life and decrease their capability to work.
Death and dying in late adulthood
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross suggested that death and living in late adulthood display the following reactions:
- Anger: People often get angry if anyone asks their views about death. They claim why should I die and search for reasons to deny their death.
- Bargaining: Generally people plead to God for more time. Some old aged people are not able to accept the truth and bargain for more life.
- Denial: Many people attempt to deny reality. They isolate themselves from the event and avoid what’s happening in society.
Sample essay on late adulthood for Irish students
Title: What are changes related to late adulthood physical developments?
Physical activity tends to diminish with the increasing age and individuals who follow regular exercise stay healthy. Late adulthood is a time of physical decline and there are no specific set of rules that decline the changes occurring with aging. Several factors describe changes in late adulthood physical development including vision and hearing loss. The heart becomes more prone to disease and the normal functioning of the body reduces. The changes associated with the brain include shrinkage of nerve cells, slow responses, losses in taste and smell, and many more.
Hire expert Irish writers to submit quality old-age care skills assignment
The students asking can anyone help me with my care skills assignment should consult expert team of Ireland Assignment Help. IrelandAssignmentHelp.com provides experienced and well-trained writers that offer plagiarism-free solutions to students. The trained writers help students with the best assignment writing solutions. The students who want to score good marks in their assignment writing tasks can take help from professional writers of Ireland.
- Psychodynamic Theory Development of Child Essay Sample
- Vygotsky and Bruner in Child Development
- Consequences of Lack of Independence
- Protection for Persons Reporting Child Abuse Act, 1998
- Childhood Equality Diversity Guidelines
- Practical Supervision Skills for Childhood
- Communication Importance in Childhood Development
- Child Protection & Welfare in ECCE Settings-Assignment Sample
- Late Adulthood Development Essay Sample
- 8 Different Stages Of Child Development
- Different Theoretical Models of child and Adolescent Development Essay Sample
- Scientific Methods in relation to Child behavior and Development – Thesis Example
- Factors affecting the Holistic Development of the Child Essay Sample
- Theories of Child Development and Learning Research Paper Sample
- Influence of Family and Environmental factors on Child Development and Learning Dissertation Sample