Developing the National Dementia Strategy for Ireland Essay Sample
This essay sample will focus on the National Dementia Strategy for Ireland and the cognitive issue of Dementia.
Dementia is not a single disease rather it is a wide range of clinical or medical conditions that also include Alzheimer’s and other forms of cognitive related issues. It damages the brain cells and affects their normal functioning of it leading to a severe situation of memory loss, delayed actions, and language disorder.
Memory loss, and thinking and problem-solving abilities majorly affect the daily life activities of a person.
Such people lose track of their houses and forget addresses easily so they prefer staying back in their homes. They have problems in identifying even their close people and have a constant numb look on their faces.
Their behaviour also changes drastically as a result of memory loss, and the problem in communication with family and others. It is most common in old-age adults.
In Ireland, there are almost around 55,000 people who are living with the condition of dementia which accounts for 11 people per day who are getting diagnosed with dementia in Ireland.
The general public can get information about the symptoms of dementia from a geriatrician (doctor for old people), neurologist, general physician, and health care nurse who can guide the people about this condition.
The National Dementia Strategy for Ireland
Due to a rise in the number of dementia cases in Ireland. The Irish government has taken up many programs to deal with such healthcare issues of people by creating an effective healthcare system and policy.
Irish National Dementia Strategy Programme was established in the year 2014. Its main focus is to facilitate the living and health condition of the patient while living in their homes and social communities.
The National Dementia Strategy Implementation Programme is an agreement between the Health Service Executive and Atlantic Philanthropies through the Social Care Division. The purpose of the National Dementia Strategy Ireland Programme is to improve the well-being, welfare, and care of people with dementia by supporting the program.
It includes support and services that help in providing a standard of living and good quality of life for dementia patients (especially old adults). It includes an effective integrated support system of services that is a combination of formal and informal support. These services are cost-efficient and are centred on targeting the individual needs of the patients.
This investment program will support a planned improved system of services with a more supportive policy environment.
The National Dementia Strategy Ireland Programme has the aim of promoting a timely diagnosis of dementia, a healthy public space or environment, providing integrated support and services, early intervention, and promotion of research and innovation for dementia patients.
The timely diagnosis of dementia includes educating the healthcare service providers about the disease and its symptoms. It also includes focusing on all the aspects of dementia and timely management of it through proper medication.
The second aspect of this program includes integrative service and support which helps the people to remain in their homes as long as possible.
Proper training and education of health care professionals are very important for working with patients with dementia.
The next criteria of this program are to enhance the Research and Innovation system which is used for gathering vital material information about dementia in Ireland. Such information can be clinical or even nonclinical in form. It includes a single assessment tool and hospital inpatient data to develop a policy on dementia.
Effective good leadership is required to seek the responsibility for dementia within the Department of Health. Every care worker working in the primary healthcare unit must be aware of effective coordination for the care of dementia patients.
Such an awareness program will make the people much more aware and informed about the diseases and also help in understanding the needs and contributions of people with dementia.
This program will also focus on the intensive care delivery of the home packages for dementia patients.
Hire academic paper writing experts for Health and Careskills essays!
The above sample is based on the National Dementia Strategy for Ireland.
Healthcare QQI Level 5, Wellbeing, Careskills QQI Level 5, Care Assistant QQI Level 5, Health Care Support QQI Level 5, Health Care Training QQI Level 5, Nursing Studies QQI Level 5, Careskills and Care of the Older person QQI Level 5, Sociology, Social Care QQI Level 5 students can read this essay sample to understand the Irish National programs for various health issues.
We have assignments on Care Skills dementia, Ireland legislation and policy framework influencing childcare sector, care of a confused client, care of the older person, Alzheimer disease, death and dying in late adulthood, and doll therapy impact on elderly people.
- VET20170 Introduction to Pathobiology Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20120 Farm and Companion Animal Experience Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20090 Locomotion in Domestic Animals Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20080 Integrated Physiological Communication Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20070 Veterinary Food Animal Systems Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20050 Genetics & Animal Breeding Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20040 Introduction to fluids: blood plasma, urine, and milk with an emphasis on basic pharmacokinetics (Veterinary) Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET20030 Head & Nervous System of Domestic Animals Assignment Sample UCD Ireland
- VET10170 Introduction to veterinary epidemiology Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET10150 Basic Structure & Function Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET10140 The Physiology and Biochemistry of Digestion of Domestic Animals Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET10110 Veterinary Cardiovascular and Respiratory Function Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET10100 Intro to the Practical Apps of Veterinary Anatomy & Comparative Topographical Anatomy of the Thorax Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET10080 Cell and Whole Body Metabolism Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- VET10060 Professional Growth 1 Assignment Example UCD Ireland