Self-tracking of health affecting health behavior Essay Sample
This essay sample is written on self-tracking devices used for self-tracking of health and its effects on the behavior and psychology of a person.
It focuses on healthcare and well being of a person who uses self-tracking technology to keep a personal track of his health. It also discusses the issues that need to be addressed by the long term self-tracking device.
Self-tracking can be done through biometric and self-tracking devices which helps individuals to manage their health and draw benefits.
It can be done through many mobile applications used for monitoring food intake, mood, sleep, water intake, and exercise. These factors directly affect the behavior and the psychology of the person.
Using IT devices and software technology enhances the standard of living and quality of life of a person. It gives them a sense of self-independence, self-control, and effective decision making.
There are many wearable mobile sensory devices, smartphones, and smartwatches to monitor and track the levels of blood sugar, food intake, water intake, hemoglobin, sleep, etc.
It is for only short term usage and can last for just weeks and a couple of months using for a behavior change intervention. It collects valuable information and data on health and provides opportunities for health management and it’s welfare.
Benefits of using modern health tracking devices by patients
There are many benefits that can be drawn by the person using such modern health tracking devices and some of them are:-
- The traditional method of health tracking was mostly manually done in the form of writing on paper or memorizing the health record.
While the recent health devices keep an easy record of information and health data which has made people generally more aware and knowledgeable about their health status.
- The electronic self-tracking devices have no fear of losing information as it is properly recorded and also cannot be stolen easily. Hence, it improves the quality of life of such a person.
- This also ensures personal involvement and interest in taking self-care and management of diseases and understanding of the health condition.
- People with health devices can easily self-track and diagnose any disease and cope up with the treatment easily at the healthcare unit.
- It also improves the level of communication between the patient and the healthcare providers.
- Tracking of diet and exercise can help in the prevention of health issues and adopting safe health practices for the promotion of a healthy lifestyle. It promotes healthy habits and getting meaningful feedback on health.
- The collection of information by the devices helps in self-identifying illnesses and health indicators. It helps in controlling health symptoms and prevention of diseases.
- MAHI (Mobile Access to Health Information) is an application in the phones which helps in the diagnose of diabetes in patients. There are many such devices for other ailments like cancer, bowel syndrome, asthma, heart related conditions, etc.
- It helps in routine tracking for self-reflection of health data and information and does not require personal visits to a doctor’s clinic.
Drawbacks of modern self-tracking devices
- We do not find these self-tracking devices to be very useful in self-tracking of chronic diseases and their management.
- Self-tracking devices are not so advanced in their technology to match the level for addressing chronic diseases. They’re suitable for knowing the general health status of a person.
- Patients are not capable enough and are also unwilling to manage such complex health issues so they do not want to take up the responsibility.
- Biometric health devices work only when the patient takes personal interest and makes efforts to get information.
Issues that require attention by long term self-tracking device
There are many issues that require to be addressed by self-tracking devices for health and behavior.
- The quality and quantity of data change over time resulting in challenging interpretation of it.
- Data collected is either irregular, inconsistent, and non-reliable in quality for effective tracking of health and progress.
- Such collected data can be interpreted in two different ways by different users as it is heterogeneous.
- Data is unstructured and in the form of texts, images videos, etc which creates difficulty in data interpretation.
- Tracking devices can be left by the users, become obsolete or unavailable after some time.
- Collection of data and conducting of research can take many long years to study health and create difficulty in tracking the health of people.
Get online assistance on writing assignments for Irish students and gain self-confidence!
Sample wrote above highlights the self-tracking devices to gain information about the status of health and their benefits.
If they lack healthcare and self-care knowledge and do not have any prior experience in writing such assignments. They can hire expert professionals to write assignments on health safety for them.
We have the best essay writing service in Ireland that can give you the best professional guidance in writing. You can pay a reasonable price to write your college papers and help with your exam.
- Self Tracking Affect Health Behaviours
- Adult Needs
- Government initiatives in child safety
- Children and Families Act, 2014
- Harm Principle in Respect to Covid 19
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment Assignment
- FETAC Level 5 Health and Safety at work Assignment Sample
- National and International Social policy impact on Child well-being Assignment Sample
- Factors Impacting on Children’s Health and well-being to include Family Structure, Community, Culture, Education Essay
- Child Protection Guidelines Ireland
- Promotion of Healthy and Safe Indoor and Outdoor Environments for Children Essay Sample
- Children’s Health Safety and Well-being Assignment Sample
- Legislation guidelines relating to the care & well-being of children Research paper Sample
- Promote Children’s Health and Wellbeing Assignment Example
- Sample on 4 Factors Affecting Health and Well-Being