SP1106 Promoting Mental Health & Well-Being Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
SP1106 Promoting Mental Health & Well-Being course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote positive mental health and well-being in themselves and others. The course covers a range of topics including the biopsychosocial model of mental health, stress management, sleep and relaxation techniques, nutrition and diet, physical activity, and time management.
In addition, the course covers how to recognize and respond to signs of mental ill-health in others, as well as how to promote positive mental health and well-being in the workplace. The course also includes a section on mental health first aid, which covers how to provide initial support to someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis. At the end of the course, students should have a good understanding of how to promote positive mental health and well-being in themselves and others.
Explore high-quality assignment samples of SP1106 Promoting Mental Health & Well-Being
At Ireland Assignment Help, we understand the importance of providing high-quality assignment help to students. We have a team of experienced and qualified writers who are experts in their respective fields. They have vast experience in writing assignments on various topics and can provide you with the best possible SP1106 Promoting Mental Health & Well-Being assignment sample. We also offer a wide range of services like individual assignments, group-based assignments, reports, case studies, and more. So, if you’re looking for a reliable and affordable assignment help provider, look no further than Ireland Assignment Help.
In this section, we are describing some assigned tasks. These are:
Assignment Task 1: Demonstrate an understanding of developments in regards to mental health and well-being in an Irish context.
In recent years, there has been a growing awareness of the importance of mental health and well-being in Ireland. This has been driven by several factors, including an increase in the prevalence of mental ill-health, as well as a greater understanding of the impact that mental ill-health can have on individuals, families, and communities.
There have been several initiatives aimed at promoting mental health and well-being in Ireland. These include the introduction of the Healthy Ireland Framework, which sets out a vision for an Irish society where everyone can enjoy good physical and mental health, and where wellbeing is valued and promoted.
In addition, several national campaigns have been launched to raise awareness of mental health and well-being. These include the Mental Health Awareness Week campaign, which is run by the Mental Health Ireland charity, and the ‘Let’s Talk About It’ campaign, which was launched by the HSE in 2016.
There has also been a focus on developing services and supports for those who experience mental ill-health. In 2017, the HSE launched a new National Mental Health Service Plan, which sets out a range of measures aimed at improving access to mental health services and supports.
All of these initiatives have contributed to a greater understanding of mental health and well-being in Ireland, and have helped to create a more supportive environment for those who experience mental ill-health.
Assignment Task 2: Understand the core elements that impact mental health with a focus on three areas: 1. Brain development, trauma, environment, and genetics 2. Family including relationships and impact on outlook and memory 3. Environmental stressors.
Several factors can impact mental health, with different factors having different levels of impact.
Brain development, trauma, environment, and genetics
- Brain development is a key factor that can impact mental health. This is because the brain is responsible for a range of functions, including emotion, memory, and decision-making.
- Trauma can also impact mental health. This is because trauma can cause changes in the brain, which can lead to symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- The environment in which someone lives can also impact mental health. This is because the environment can influence a range of factors, including brain development, social skills, and resilience.
- Genetics can also play a role in mental health. This is because certain genes have been linked to mental ill-health, such as genes that are involved in the regulation of mood.
Family including relationships and impact on outlook and memory
Family relationships can impact mental health. This is because positive family relationships can provide support and a sense of belonging, while negative family relationships can cause stress and conflict.
How families interact with each other can also impact mental health. This is because certain patterns of interaction, such as criticism or hostility, can lead to mental ill-health.
Families can also impact mental health by shaping how someone views the world and themselves. This is because families can provide positive role models and support, or they can be a source of negative messages.
Environmental stressors are another factor that can impact mental health. This is because stressors such as poverty, unemployment, and housing insecurity can lead to mental ill-health.
In addition, environmental stressors can also impact mental health by affecting brain development. This is because stress can cause changes in the brain, which can lead to symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Finally, environmental stressors can also impact mental health by affecting the immune system. This is because stress can weaken the immune system, making someone more susceptible to mental ill-health.
Assignment Task 3: Have attained a critical knowledge of mental health as a continuum from wellbeing to reaching diagnostic criteria.
Mental health is a continuum from well-being to reaching diagnostic criteria. This means that someone’s mental health can be anywhere on the continuum, from good mental health to poor mental health.
Wellbeing is at one end of the continuum and refers to a state of being healthy in both body and mind. Someone who is in a state of well-being is likely to be happy, content, and functioning well.
Reaching diagnostic criteria is at the other end of the continuum, and refers to a state where someone meets the criteria for a mental illness. Someone who reaches the diagnostic criteria is likely to be experiencing symptoms such as anxiety, depression, or hallucinations.
The severity of someone’s symptoms will determine how far along the continuum they are. For example, someone with mild symptoms of anxiety may be towards the well-being end of the continuum, while someone with severe symptoms of psychosis may be towards the diagnostic criteria end of the continuum.
It is important to remember that mental health is a continuum and that anyone can experience mental ill-health at any point in their life.
Assignment Task 4: Understand the concept of self-care under four strands, spiritual, physical, emotional, and environmental (family, community).
The concept of self-care refers to the ability to take care of oneself both physically and emotionally. Self-care can be divided into four strands: spiritual, physical, emotional, and environmental.
- Spiritual self-care refers to the ability to connect with something larger than oneself, such as a higher power or nature. This can be done through practices such as meditation, prayer, and yoga.
- Physical self-care refers to the ability to take care of one’s physical body. This can be done through practices such as exercise, healthy eating, and getting enough sleep.
- Emotional self-care refers to the ability to take care of one’s emotional wellbeing. This can be done through practices such as journaling, talking to a therapist, and spending time with friends and family.
- Environmental self-care refers to the ability to take care of one’s environment. This can be done through practices such as recycling, composting, and reducing energy consumption.
Self-care is important because it can help to prevent or reduce the symptoms of mental ill-health. It is also important because it can help to promote well-being and improve the quality of life.
Assignment Task 5: An understanding of positive practitioner behaviours about mental health.
Positive practitioner behaviours about mental health refer to how professionals can support and promote mental health. Some positive practitioner behaviours include showing empathy, giving hope, providing social support, and promoting self-care.
- Showing empathy means understanding and sharing the feelings of another person. This can be done by listening carefully, using supportive body language, and avoiding judgment.
- Giving hope means offering encouragement and optimism to someone who is struggling. This can be done by sharing stories of recovery, highlighting strengths and resilience, and providing support and resources.
- Providing social support means offering practical and emotional assistance to someone who is struggling. This can be done by staying in touch, offering help with day-to-day tasks, and providing financial assistance.
- Promoting self-care means encouraging someone to take care of themselves both physically and emotionally. This can be done by teaching healthy coping skills, providing information about self-care resources, and encouraging relaxation and stress management.
Positive practitioner behaviours can make a big difference in the lives of those struggling with mental ill-health. These behaviours can help to reduce symptoms, promote recovery, and improve the quality of life.
With our premium assignment writing services, you can save time and get guaranteed A grades!
The assignment sample discussed above is based on SP1106 Promoting Mental Health & Well-Being. This sample is just to give you an idea of how we write assignments on mental health.
Are you searching for online assignment writing help? No look further you reached the perfect destination. We have a team of professional writers who are very knowledgeable and talented. They write your assignment according to your university requirement and submitted before the deadlines. You can be paying someone to do your assignment online from our site.
You can get essay help Ireland from our site. We have a team of professional writers who write your essay according to the university requirements and submitted before the deadlines. You can also say us to pay someone to do college work for you. Our experts also provide the free essay or assignment samples including Promote Children’s Health and Wellbeing assignment example, and the Mental Health Recovery essay writing sample.
Besides you also try our live exam help service in this our professional teachers will help you in exam preparation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- EH6141 Psychosocial Epidemiology (On-line) UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- CPD23-1614 Reading The Leadership Mind UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- EH6142 Risk Assessment and Management of Psychosocial Risks (On-line) UCC Assignment Sample Ireland
- SP1106 Promoting Mental Health & Well-Being Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- PI6111 Public Philosophy and Civic Education Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- PS3106 Language & Cognition: A Contextual Behavioral Approach Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- PS405 Advanced Research Methods in Psychology Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- PS3100 Historical and Conceptual Issues in Psychology Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- PS3107 Introduction to Psychophysiology Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- PS219 Research Methods in Psychology Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- PS3104 Professional Skills in Psychology Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- PS214 Developmental Psychology 1 Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- PS403 Biological Psychology Assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- 5N1834 Community Addiction Studies QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N1706 Challenging Behaviour QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample