Working in Partnership with Parents and Carers Essay Sample
While working with the parents and carers in partnership both could help each other to work for the betterment of the child’s future and development. This sample essay will focus on the benefits of working in a partnership with parents and carers. This partnership gives the children a sense of security and a reliable support system.
It ensures an elaborate discussion on the child’s physical, mental, social and psychological needs and issues affecting the child. The partnership of parents and carers of a child makes them more aware of the child’s immediate environment in which he is learning and growing.
Carers could ensure a peaceful and happy environment for children in their schools similarly parents could make the environment back at home peaceful for children.
Every childcarer plays a vital role in a child’s education and learning. In Irish education legislation and policy, the responsibility and duties of the parent is considered to be of utmost importance. Therefore in order to create a healthy and effective positive environment parents needs to have a quality relationship with the childcarer.
Reasons why working in partnership with parents is important
There are many reasons that make working in partnership with parents and carers vital for a child’s overall welfare. Some of them are-
1. Legal Reasons
- Both at an international and national level legislation it considers the involvement of parents in a child’s education to be important.
- Article 42.1 of the Constitution of Ireland says that it is inevitable right and duty of the parents to safeguard their child. Family is the first educator of the child and hence must take care of his physical, emotional, mental and psychological needs.
- United Nations Convention also states that parents rights and responsibilities to be respected by the third party.
2. Professional Reasons
Building a strong relationship with parents by teachers is also needed for fulfilling their professional commitments for childcare. It enhances their knowledge and learning environment of the child by influencing the child’s behaviour and attitude.
3. Sociological Reasons
- Parents are the first educators of the child who are primarily responsible for the child’s social values and skills. Child’s emotional and intellectual growth depends upon their social environment.
- Parents are considered to be the social element that a child first interacts within his environment. Parents have a responsibility to give proper values and learning at home so that they can behave well socially and interact with others outside. This also enhances a child’s learning and cognitive skills.
4. Government Policy Reasons
- There should be a promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion through government policy so that there can be parents involvement in the life of the child.
- National Children Strategy is Irish legislation that highlights the measures that are taken for the involvement of parents and families in a child’s development in a coordinated manner.
5. Child’s physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Parents involvement in early years education of a child turns out to be fruitful in the later years of a child. It creates a balance and consistency between their home and school.
- Parents involved in a child’s early years could easily identify his physical, emotional, psychological and intellectual needs of the child and could easily cater to them.
- This not only helps the parents but also the carers to understand the various needs and demands of the child. Children could also have additional needs for education and safeguard.
Benefits of Parents and Carers working together in a partnership
The benefits that the parents and carers get by working together in a partnership is in relation to a child’s overall welfare and development.
Benefits of parents in the partnership
- When parents work in partnership with the childcarer they feel valued and respected as their voice is being heard by the carer.
- They can get directly involved in their child’s learning and development process in the childcare setting.
- They can easily get access to any information about their child from the carer and also pass on some vital information about the child’s background to his teacher.
- Parents feel happy and contented that their family values, traditions, faith and beliefs are also taken into consideration for the child’s learning.
- Parents get information about a child’s behaviour and attitude outside their home environment and could use this information to enhance the child’s learning and development effectively.
- An increase in confidence of parenting skills could also be seen in parents.
Benefits of carers in the partnership
- A better understanding of the child’s family background could make the learning process enjoyable for them.
- Carers help in understanding a child’s behaviour and developing his personality by helping them identify with their social and religious values.
- They can provide an emotionally secured and happy space for a child’s learning.
- The carers could become more flexible in their teaching methods and techniques while delivering lessons to the children. The teaching technique depends upon a child’s nature and personality and may vary from one child to another.
For example – A notorious child could be handled not just by scolding rather by being playful with him while teaching.
While a child who is an introvert needs to be encouraged by his carer to speak and voice their opinions freely in front of others and to be more communicative.
Secure and confidential essay writing services for university students
Above essay is written with the purpose of targeting the Childcare, QQI Level 5 and 6 and Wellbeing students. This sample is highlighting upon the working in partnership with parents and carers for the betterment of the children and also Parents Child Relationship.
On copying this essay word by word for your college assignments students will be accountable for plagiarised content. In order to write secure and confidential plagiarised free assignments, one could hire professional essay writers.
Our expert Irish assignment writers could provide cheap reliable essay writing service for writing childcare assignments in college.
- One to one supervision
- Difference between an inclusive and integrated education
- Barriers to effective supervision in childcare
- Group Supervision
- F. W. Taylor Scientific Motivational Theory
- Working in Partnership with Parents and Carers
- Recruit, Motivate and provide feedback to staff during childcare supervision
- Manage your time effectively in childcare supervision
- Status of Children Act, 1987
- Guardianship of Infants Act, 1964
- Children Act 2001
- Social Policy for Childcare
- Child Safeguarding Measures
- Needs of Children in the Childcare Environment
- Factors influence Personality Development of the Adolescent Essay