European Conventions on Human Rights (“ECHR”) Essay Example Ireland
Human rights can be defined as rights that individuals in Ireland or other parts of the world, the universe should have just because of being human.
The United Nations have as many as 30 articles on human rights. There are universal human rights based on humanity, peace, freedom, and justice. There are also European Conventions on Human Rights abbreviated as ECHR.
This essay discusses the European Conventions. It also discusses the Councils of Europe. The write-up also features the ways and means that led to the establishment of the commission.
The essay also provides important information about the freedoms and rights that the convention protects.
Lastly, the content write-up provides info for Irish students about the methods they can use to avail high-quality content on “ECHR” from acclaimed assignment writing services providers in Ireland.
About European Conventions
This section of the essay highlights the European Conventions on Human Rights also abbreviated as “ECHR”. This body is known to safeguard the human rights of the people that are part of the Councils of Europe.
In this context, it is important to say that all 47 nations that are part of the Councils of Europe have put their signatures on the conventions on Human Rights. These 47 nations incorporate the UK as also Ireland.
The objective of the Councils of Europe is to make sure those fundamental freedoms as also the human rights of the people of Europe are protected and safeguarded.
The Councils of Europe was established in the year 1949 and it is a separate entity from the European Union or the EU. There are as many as 47 member states that are part of the Councils of Europe.
On the contrary, the EU is made up of merely 28 nations. Both UK as also Ireland are members of the Councils of Europe.
How the convention came into existence?
The Councils of Europe was formed just after World War 2 and to protect and safeguard the human rights of the people of Europe.
Additionally, the Councils of Europe had to establish the rules of law as well as promote democracy within Europe. The members that are part of the Councils of Europe had already signed a treaty that aims to secure the fundamental rights of people within the EU.
The European Conventions on Human Rights was first proposed by Winston Churchill and later it was drafted by the UK lawyers. The conventions on human rights were based on the universal declaration of human rights (UN).
The convention was signed in Rome in the year 1950 and it came into effect in the year 1953.
Freedoms and rights that the ECHR protects
This section of the essay features the freedoms and rights that the ECHR protects. The ECHR is known to make sure that the people in Europe can have access to freedoms and rights. It is set up to bar or prohibit harmful activities or practices.
Following is a list of the freedoms and rights that are guaranteed by the ECHR:-
- The ECHR secures the rights to living
- It makes sure that the European citizens are not tortured.
- The ECHR guarantees the rights to liberty
- It ensures freedom from being a slave or slavery
- The council also guarantees the right to have a fair trial
- It makes sure that the citizens of the EU don’t get punished for things that were not illegal at the time
- It also ensures that European citizens get the rights to privacy or private family life
- The ECHR makes sure that freedom of religion, thoughts, conscience are exercised by the people of the EU
- The ECHR ensures that there is adequate freedom of assembly
- The council also makes sure that there is freedom of expressions
- It also ensures that the citizens of the EU get the rights to marriage as also start a family life
- The ECHR also guarantees the citizens of the EU the right to protect properties
- It also makes sure that the people of the EU get the rights to education
- The ECHR also ensures rights to be part of free elections
- The council also makes sure that the people of the EU are not discriminated against each other concerning these rights
- The ECHR also ensures that the death penalty is abolished
The European Courts of Human Rights
The European courts of Human Rights are bodies that have been set up to enforce the European Conventions of Human Rights. They also make sure that the people within the European Union get access to the rights and freedoms that are guaranteed by the ECHR.
Avail excellent essay writing help from expert writers of Ireland Assignment Help
As a student in Ireland, you may require assignments in the form of academic reports, essays, dissertations, blogs, and articles. You may require making submissions of the assignment write-ups that you have written for evaluation and assessment.
If you want to score good grades in academics and want to have a brilliant academic or professional career then you need to make sure that the assignment write-ups are well-written.
There are assignment writing services in Ireland like the Ireland Assignment Help that are known to offer the students high-quality assignment write-ups at affordable costs.
Therefore, if you are a student in Ireland and require assignment writing services then visit the website of Ireland Assignment Help. The essay writing service offered by the service provider is of premium type. As a student, you can pay someone to do assignments. As a student, you should pay the writers to write you a thesis write-up.
Besides, if you want to avail homework helper, help with International Human Rights Law Irish or Social Justice Assignment Help then visit the website of Ireland Assignment Help and talk to the writers. You are supposed to communicate with the writers and make them understand your needs.
The writers are there to offer you quality writing services and that implies that the writers deliver to you write-ups that are unique and free from errors.
- Irish National Vetting Bureau (Kids and Vulnerable Adults) Essay Sample
- European Conventions on Human Rights (“ECHR”) Essay Sample Ireland
- Crime Control Models of Criminal Justice in Ireland Essay Sample
- Practice of Pre-trial Detention in Ireland Essay Example
- Restorative Justice in Ireland Essay Sample
- Childcare Legislation in Ireland Essay Sample
- Representations of Slavery Essay Sample
- Irish Free State (Agreement) Act, 1922 Essay Sample
- Government of Ireland Act, 1920 Essay
- LAW30730 Public International Law Assignment
- 5N3751 Workplace Statutory Policies Procedures QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N3788 The Law Insurance QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5N1394 Legal Practice Procedures QQI Level 5 Assignment
- 5N3784 Libel Defamation QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5N5327 Trade Union Representation QQI Level 5 Assignment