Care Skills FETAC Level 5 Example
FETAC Level 5 course consists of care support, care skills, safety & health at work, experience, behaviour management, care of people with mental illness, etc. Here we are providing you with a list of care skills FETAC level 5 assignments.
During the Care skill course, students have to write essays and skill demonstrations & learner record assignments. Learners who will complete this course will equip with many things such as The learner can identify those people who need healthcare services. They can successfully examine the physical, psychological, emotional, personal, social, and spiritual needs of the individuals.
So, every student who loves to help and care for people and aspires to become a care worker must possess some essential skills as well. They should be calm and follow every necessary step of the individual patient’s health plan.
Here are some top skills which are imperative for a care worker: –
- Safe Environment- How to maintain a safe environment of care?
- Communication- How to communicate with different people easily?
- Eating & Drinking- Eating & drinking habits.
- How to maintain Personal Hygiene & Dressing?
- How do control body temperature?
- Give an overview of Work & Recreation?
- Expressing Sexuality
- Sleeping disorders.
- Caring for a Dying person.
- Breathing Problems & exercises.
Apart from utilizing all these skills effectively, they also need to take care of patients’ moods, and activities and subsequently avoid the interpersonal issues that arise in care work with clients.
Care Skill assignment Writing example
If you are willing to write your care skill assignment and need an example for reference, here is exactly what you want and need to see.
Following is the FETAC level 5 childcare assignments sample provided by our professional helpers. You can go through this entire example and complete your assignments accordingly.
Care Skills Assignment Sample
FETAC level 5 and 6 courses teach us all the care skills needed in the profession of a care support worker. Care skills are the expertise utilizing which a care support assistant can look after a person whether a newly born child, an aged person, or someone with any kind of disability or problem.
For the care skill assignment as a part of my FETAC level 5 course, I worked as a caretaker at a nursing home. I was assigned the work of older person care.
I was to work at the care support center for hours i.e. from 8 A.M to 6 P.M. All I needed to do was taking care of the older people admitted there. Some were having some kind of disabilities due to which they were not able to perform daily activities whereas some were facing sickness which is common among people getting old.
I have dealt and got to know different kinds of people i.e. varying nature, background, behavior, etc. Although one of the entire aging people wards was allotted to me and my group of 5 people, I was specially assigned to take care of an old person having glaucoma.
Glaucoma is a disease that is very common among elderly people. Glaucoma is an eye disorder that causes blindness by hurting the optic nerve, which is actually the major nerve responsible for vision. The optic nerve transmits images to the brain. A certain amount of pressure is maintained within the eye in order to adjust the size and shape. However, in glaucoma, the pressure on the optic nerve is increased due to increased fluid and cause damage.
That patient was about to go through a laser surgery which is the most effective treatment of glaucoma. I was looking after him before, during as well as after his treatment. As he was not able to see properly, I used to help him out for all the things/ activities throughout the whole day.
In the entire process of getting trained from that center, I got the primary work-based learning which is essential for every care support assistant or special need assistant.
Also, I learned how to deal with the Interpersonal Issues that arise in care work with clients. Working in the health care support profession demands very critical skills in order to deal easily with the patients. One should be well knowledgeable as well as proficient in different attributes like- maintaining indignity, sensitive, polite, patient, aware of the basic needs of the patient, etc.
So, you can refer to this care support assignment sample and write your own about whatever work you have done for your assignments.
Besides, you can also get in touch with our skilled writers and get more free care skills assignment examples or writing help in completing care skills FETAC level 5 assignments.
FETAC Level 5 Care Skill ( 5n2770 ) Course
Care skill FETAC Level 5 is a third-level higher certified course that is awarded by the National Framework of Qualification (NFQ) in Ireland. This course is designed to equip the learner with the required skills, knowledge, and competencies so that they can care for the clients effectively. This course enables the students to work efficiently in a safe and hygienic environment in any healthcare setting.
Care skill FETAC level 5 courses are focused on 3 areas such as-
- What is the care of the customer?
- How to use the care skill equipment efficiently so that they can use them individually in the workplace.
- Enhance assisting skills.
To understand the client care at the range of various needs, firstly, we need to examine all needs of clients and specify the group of the people who need extra personal care. Encourage the clients by respecting their needs and creating some activities that allow them to live their lives independently.
Correct use of equipment makes them learn the right usage of the equipment so that they can illustrate the danger of the wrong usage of the equipment in maintaining a safe environment.
Many universities and colleges in Ireland provide care skill FETAC 5 courses. These courses are usually part-time courses or single module courses that can be studied either on-campus or out of the campus. However, any student who opts for either of the course programs will surely get the FETAC level 5 care support assignment which will eventually be playing a major role in their final course result. Besides, this care skills 5N2770 assignment which is a work based assessment will not only improve the results but also enable the students to gain professionalism in their particular arena.
This course is a perfect direction for those who are already working in the healthcare setting or those who are planning their career in healthcare settings and requires a formal qualification.
Learning Outcomes of the Care Skill FETAC 5 Course Program
The care skill courses lying under the list of FETAC level 5 educate the ambitious students with intimate knowledge as well as a stiff understanding and practice of the duties & responsibilities of a healthcare assistant, especially in cases of older people and infants.
Apart from that, they get to learn a variety of things like: –
- Care Skills students can easily identify the needs of the hygiene of the clients.
- Discuss the prevention methods with the clients and family.
- Understand the correct procedure for the cleaning and replacement of the already used equipment.
- Respond effectively to the needs of particular clients.
- Equip with all interpersonal skills and understand how to demonstrate this while dealing with the clients.
- Present dignity, respect, empathy, and effective communication skills.
- Understand how to take initiative for the clients to increase the individual’s involvement in social events, physiotherapy, and occupational therapy.
- Understand how to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for the patients.
- Help the patients and clients in their activity, dressing, eating, drinking, mobility, and social needs.
- Equip knowledge on client safety and security procedure at the site. Also comprehend the client care procedures such as bathing, washing, positioning, showering, handling, and moving.
- Learn how to maintain the privacy, independence, dignity, and positive self-image of the clients while giving them treatment and care.
- Equip the knowledge on how to use the care equipment such as sensory equipment, mechanical aids including mobility aid, washing aids, hoists, elimination aids, and aids to encourage independence.
- Learn how to complete all documents of clients.
- How to report the supervisor when there is a change in the condition of the clients.
- Appreciate the model of care.
- Learn the communication skills which consist of a career’s role.
- Aware of nursing ethics and etiquette in a care situation.
- Acquire practical skills in the personal care field.
Who can apply for this major?
Care skill FETAC level 5 is an advanced learning course that is provided to give advanced learning in the care skill field and to enhance the relevant skills. So this course is best for those students who want to stable their career in this field or for those professionals including the manager, supervisor, responsible persons, and other healthcare employees who are working in the nursing field and want to get a higher knowledge in care skill field. Students have to read and write case studies of patients.
What are the requirements to get an entry in care skill FETAC level 5 studies?
- Those who are willing to take admission in the care skill course must have a level 4 certificate or equivalent qualification or work experience.
- The learner must have adequate experience or currently working in the healthcare sector throughout this course as assignments given in this course are required to be drawn based on practical knowledge.
- If you are applying for a distance learning course then you will get the course material by post. You need to read and complete the assignments and projects given to you within the time phrase.
- If you want to apply for the e-learning course then you must have IT skills and broadband access.
Candidate must hold an Irish level 3 heart saver CPR certificate or equivalent to this.
What is the duration of care skill FETAC level 5 programs?
Care skill FETAC level 5 is a short-term course that can be delivered through distance learning, e-learning, and on-campus depending on the university selected. This course can be completed in 4 days to 12 weeks, which depends on the candidate’s preference.
Moreover, students are required to carry out work experience to complete the course requirements and assessment procedure.
How you will be assessed in the Care skills FETAC Level 5 course?
Care skill FETAC level 5 is a short-term course which is a practical learning course and the assessment in this course is based on your skill demonstration and the assignment quality.
The candidate will be assessed in a broad range of their practical skills, where a candidate has to complete a minimum of 3 practical tasks concerning the below-mentioned elements:
- Preparation and implementations
- Health and safety provision
If a candidate fails to demonstrate such skills then he will need to get assessed in the independent working area.
Other than the skills demonstration, they have to submit assignments within a specific period where they have to present their understanding of the subject. Such a given assignment is focused on client care which is dependent on the work experience in the healthcare department in care skills FETAC level 5 course.
- Certification: If a learner completes this course, he/she will be awarded a QQI level 5 major award in health care support or nursing studies.
Complete Level 5 care skills assignments & Obtain A+ grades
Irelandassignmenthelp.com is an Ireland based online assignment service provider. We have an in-built team of native writers who have completed their education in the nursing field from one of the renowned universities of Ireland such as Waterford University. Our writers are helping Irish students in completing their care skill assignments for a decade and coupled with the needs and demands of the students and Irish universities. Thus, they guarantee you to deliver higher quality healthcare assignments.
We provide the most reliable care skill FETAC level 5 assignment help to the Irish students. If you choose our do my care skill level 5 assignment help then you will see the difference in your grades.
Other than care skill FETAC level 5 help we provide many other services such as nursing assignment writing help, management assignment help, online dissertation writing help, and many more. So, select our homework writing service as your final destination.
Benefits of availing online care skill FETAC Level 5 Assignment help
- Inbox your assignment before deadlines: Our proficient writers can complete your assignment paper on all tight deadlines. This is why they can provide last-minute assignment help. Hence, you will be getting your completed assignments before the deadline.
- Pocket-friendly prices: We are offering our outstanding assignment writing help at an affordable price so every Irish student can take benefit from our coursework writing services at pocket-friendly prices.
- Free unlimited re-work: Though you will never find any problem in an assignment written by our writers, still, if you find any, we will provide you with an unlimited free revision of your work.
- Superior quality assignments: We have a fixed quality standard for our assignment writing service that is 2:1 and our writer always achieves 2:1 quality while writing an assignment.
- Assignments are written by expert writers: We have only experts in our team who have a minimum of 5 years of writing experience so you will always get your assignment written by professional writers.
Hence, after going through this entire FETAC level 5 health and safety at work assignment example as well as knowing the features of our care skills assignment help service, if you feel any difficulty while writing your assignment, you can contact us without any qualm.