The National Disability Authority Act, 1999 (Ireland) Essay Sample
The National Disability Authority of Ireland was established under the National Disability Authority Act, 1999 and was amended by the Disability Act, 2005.
This sample shall discuss the functions of the National Disability Authority, duties of the director of Authority, important legislation under this Act for people with disability and National Disability Conference of 2020.
National Disability Authority Act, 1999 is in complementary to the Equal Status Act, 2000 – 2004. National Disability Authority is an independent statutory body of the Irish government. This was established to make disabled people’s lives better and to advise the government to make appropriate policies for them.
The aim of such authority is to develop, collaborate and research on the various quality standards and codes of living. It ensures the employment of people with disability in the public service and assisting such people.
Functions of the National Disability Authority of Ireland
The functions of the National Disability Authority under the National Disability Authority Act 1999 are:-
- The main function of such authority is to advise and give appropriate information about the people with disability to the government of Ireland. It gives information regarding the policies required for disabled people to the Minister of Justice and Equality (Part III of Section 30).
- Its function is to assist and develop the standard of living for the people with disability.
- After developing such standards and codes of practice for disabled people, implementation is also a mandate function of the authority.
- Conducting any research work.
- Creating support for achieving the standards and quality of goods and services for providing to a person with disabilities.
- It also helps the National Disability Authority Centre for Excellence in Universal Design to promote a healthy environment for disabled people and develop quality services and products for them.
- It is to also provide information through technology that can be easily made available and accessible to a person with a disability.
Important legislations of disability under the National Disability Authority Act, 1999 amended by The Disability Act, 2005
The Act of National Disability Authority, 1999 is complementary to the Equal Status Act 2000-2004, Disability Act 2005 and Employment Equality Act, 1998. All these Acts were introduced to remove the ground of disability discrimination in Ireland.
Part III of Disability Act 2005 highlights on the amendment made in the National Disability Authority Act, 1999.
Section 26, states that public bodies are to ensure making goods and services available to people with disability appropriately.
Section 27, states that public bodies are to ensure that goods and services are bought at a reasonable price and does not result in any unreasonable delay.
Section 28, of the Act, states that communication must be done with people with any hearing or visual impairment in an understandable manner. Information given to such people must be in a readable format.
Public bodies are supposed to provide the highest possible standards of services and goods to the public and give careful advice or response to the needs of people with disabilities.
Section 30(2) empowers the appropriate authority to make policies for disabled people by consulting persons and appropriate bodies.
Main Duties of Director of National Disability Authority
- Duty of director is to develop a strategic plan to effectively implement the plans of the National Disability Authority.
- He is to ensure good management and leading the office staff for taking care of the business of the National Disability Authority and other duties given by the Authority.
- Maintaining a high-performance team and work with skilful and expertise workers or employees.
- Assistance and support are given to the National Disability Authority to achieve its targets and goals regarding people with disability.
- Creating a sound communication system and bond with the stakeholders to timely deliver work effectively.
- Strong interpersonal relationships and communication are maintained amongst the internal staff and with external persons involved in the business and activities of the National Disability Authority.
- A collaborative effort of teamwork to manage the employees of the National Disability Authority and optimum utilization of resources at work.
- Account details and expenditures are kept in a proper format and maintaining a high standard of corporate governance.
Brief Outlook Of National Disability Authority Conference of the Year 2020
- The focus of the National Disability Authority is the criminal justice system in Ireland. It shall focus upon Article 13 of the United Nations Convention on Rights of Person with Disabilities.
- It will provide access to a fair trial and equal justice to people with disabilities. Article 13 of the Convention includes activities like education, moving to community life from prison, rehabilitation etc.
- This conference shall provide valuable opportunity and sharing of Irish and international experiences and values. It will ensure effective collaboration among the different agencies and departments.
- This event will be conducted virtually keeping in mind the health of the public in this year of pandemic.
Quick online assessment help and writing of college assignments based on Law and Disability!
Sample essay mentioned above deals with the National Disability Authority of Ireland and it’s functions. National Disability Authority Act 1999 can also be read along with the Disability Act, 2005, Equal Status Act 2000-2004 and Employment Equality Act, 1998.
Such essays can be of great help for Disability, Law and FETAC Level 5 students specifically.
Doing research on Legal subjects, Legal Acts and Disability topics is a very challenging job for the students who have poor research skills. Such students can refer to this essay sample for writing on related topics for their college assignments.
Topics closely associated with the National Disability Authority are theoretical models of disability, intellectual disability, Disability Act 2005, relevant legislation in relation to disability, types of disabilities etc.
If students find it difficult to cope with assignment and performance stress they can take the help of our best assignment help online. Our expert writers are the best in town as far as the writing of assignments is concerned. Pay a small amount and buy our plagiarised free assignments.
- Miscarriage justice
- Ireland National Aviation Policy
- Crime Social Problem Ireland
- Dispute Resolutions vs Traditional litigation Courts
- Whistleblowing Law Practice Ireland
- EU Laws in Ireland
- Education for Persons with Special Educational Needs, 2004
- National Disability Authority Act, 1999
- Deal with Equality at Workplace
- The Employment Equality Act, 1998
- The Equality Act, 2004
- Education Welfare Act, 2000
- Equal Status Act, 2000
- Adoption Act, 1988
- Childcare Amendment Act, 2007