Essay Sample on Philosophy and Principles of Palliative care
Palliative care is a critical approach that promotes the quality of life of the patients along with their families. The patients suffering from life-threatening diseases or illnesses should get adequate treatment. The healthcare supporters can provide prevention as well as relief of suffering to the patients with the early identification and perfect assessment.
The main responsibility of the healthcare giver is to identify physical, psychosocial, pain, and spiritual problems with which an individual is suffering. Palliative care means providing support to the patient as well as their families. The healthcare givers should address the needs of the patients including bereavement counseling, if necessary.
What are the objectives of providing Palliative Care to Patients?
- Palliative care provides relief from serious illness and pain. Additionally, the care provided helps in improving distressing symptoms.
- It insists on life as well as regards dying as a normal process. The healthcare supporter motivates individuals suffering from serious health illnesses.
- The care incorporates the spiritual as well as psychological aspects of patient care.
- It aims neither to postpone nor hasten death. Instead, the motive of providing palliative care to individuals is to enhance their quality of life.
- The care provided offers a critical support system to help the patients live as dynamically as possible until death.
- The healthcare professionals provide an excellent support system to the family of patients suffering from serious illness and in their personal bereavement.
- The healthcare supporter does not discriminate against the individuals suffering from a serious illness on the basis of ethnic origin, intellect, personality, and religious belief.
What is the philosophy behind palliative care?
Palliative care refers to specialized medical care for patients with serious health illnesses. The major focus of the healthcare providers is to provide relief from the serious symptoms and the pain caused by the illness. The care provided aims to improve the quality of life of the patients with life-threatening diseases as well as families of the patients.
The role of the palliative care provided to the patients at the end of life is to give them relief from the stress. Palliative care can be offered by specially trained professionals and a well-experienced team of doctors and nurses. The palliative treatment can be delivered along with curative treatment in order to improve the patient’s quality of life. Both of the treatments provided to the patients help in uplifting the quality of life as well as illness. The healthcare supporters treat the stress and symptoms of the disease including:
- Kidney disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer’s disease
The team providing palliative care to the patients spends crucial time to understand the patient’s needs and feelings. They make sure that the patients feel safe and secure and understand all the modalities related to the treatment. Healthcare supporters explore the personal goals of patients with life-threatening diseases.
What are the principles required for successful palliative care?
A gentle attitude:
- It involves empathy, sensitivity, and compassion for the patient. It is the responsibility of the healthcare provider to show concern for the patient suffering from severe health illness.
- There is a concern for all the characteristics of a patient’s suffering including medical, social work, and nursing problems.
- The patients with a terminal illness should be concerned and well-managed at home in order to improve their quality of life.
Reflection of individuality:
- It refers to the practice of categorizing patients depending on their fundamental disease. In addition to it, the healthcare professionals encounter medical problems and psychosocial features while providing care to patients.
- The healthcare supporters demonstrate the problems that make a patient a unique individual. Such characteristics can influence the patient suffering from illness and supporters providing care to individuals.
- It shows that ethnic, racial, or other cultural factors can have a reflective effect on a patient’s suffering.
- Healthcare professionals should respect their work while improving the quality of life of each patient and treatment planned in an ethnically sensitive manner.
- The patient as well as their family should be included in any discussion while providing care to ill patients.
- It is essential that there is good communication between patients and healthcare professionals. Healthcare supporters should maintain effective communication with patients to understand their strengths and weaknesses.
Sample essay on philosophy and principles of palliative care
Title: How palliative care help in treating Alzheimer’s disease?
Alzheimer’s disease refers to the dementia of the old age that means that an individual has difficulty with judgment, memory, and reasoning. The person suffering from the disease is incapable to recognize the surroundings and even people who are their family part. The patients require proper support and care of the loved ones till the time they are surviving. It means providing palliative care to the patients is beneficial for improving their quality of life. Generally, palliative care helps in treating the critical symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease such as Anxiety, Depression, and Difficulty in speaking.
The team of healthcare supporters provides adequate care to patients by maintaining a schedule. Memory therapy along with physical exercise is also beneficial and included as a part of the palliative care routine.
Hire healthcare writers and submit expert-written medical essays in Ireland
IrelandAssignmentHelp.com is the most trustworthy and reputed writing company that offers students with professional writing assistance. The team of expert writers offers standard quality and professionally written essay solutions to the students. By taking help from experienced writers of Ireland, the students can submit their homework before the final date of submission. It becomes useful for the students to increase their academic grades by taking help from trained and skilled writers of Ireland.
- Resources conflict related to Care provision Essay Sample
- Stroke cause and Treatment Care skills Demonstration Assignment Example
- Spiritual Needs of Patients Essay
- Intellectual needs of elderly Assignment Sample
- Coronavirus, Consumption and the Economy Essay Sample
- Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Essay Sample
- Philosophy and Principles of Palliative care
- Reflective practices and work experience in Childcare
- FETAC Level 5 Health and Safety at work Assignment Sample
- Healthcare Assistant Work Experience – Report Example
- Consensus on the extent of Older Abuse – Assignment Sample
- Respect to Older People Free Essay Example
- Caring for the Older person – Assignment Sample
- Treat the Elderly with Care and Respect Essay Sample
- Medical Tourism in Ireland – Essay & Research Paper Sample