BI312 Scientific Writing Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
This course is designed to help students to write reports and to prepare abstracts and oral presentations about their research projects. The course will develop the students’ ability to summarise and present their findings in a clear and concise manner, appropriate for publication or presentation within their discipline. Topics covered include the study of structure and function of research papers, critical reading of research publications: papers, reviews and other forms of scientific literature, assessment of the quality of research publications, use of databases, writing a paper summary, writing a paper abstract, writing up a biological technique, oral presentations.
Buy Assignment Solution of BI312: Scientific Writing
In this course, there are many types of assignments given to students like a group project, continuous assessment, individual assignment, report, business plan, business proposal, executive summary, and other solutions are given by us.
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
Assignment Task 1: Describe the format and content of a research paper, a review, and a chapter
A research paper is a document that reports the results of a scientific study. It has a specific structure and includes sections on introduction, methods, results, discussion, and conclusion.
A review is a type of article that presents an overview of the current state of knowledge on a particular topic. It includes a summary of the key findings of recent research papers on the topic, as well as a critical discussion of their strengths and weaknesses.
A chapter is a section of a book that presents the findings of a research study. It has a specific structure and includes sections on introduction, methods, results, discussion, and conclusion.
Assignment Task 2: Critically analyze the content of a research paper
The content of a research paper should be evaluated critically to assess its quality. The following aspects should be considered:
- Title: The title of a research paper should be concise and informative. It should accurately reflect the content of the paper, and should not be too long or too short.
- Abstract: The abstract is a brief summary of the contents of a research paper. It should state the purpose of the research, give an overview of how the research was conducted and what was found out, and indicate the significance of the findings.
- Keywords: Keywords are words that express concepts related to the main topic of a paper. They may be used in indexing articles so that they can be located by readers. Keywords may be used within the text of a paper, but should not be repeated too frequently.
- Introduction: The introduction provides an overview of the field being investigated and lays out the rationale for conducting the study. It also states the objectives or questions to be addressed in this study, why they are significant, and what is already known about them. The introduction should be well-written and organized, and it should provide enough information for the reader to understand the rest of the paper.
- Methods: The methods section describes how the study was conducted, including the sample size and selection criteria, the type of study design used, and the methods of data collection and analysis. It should be clear and concise, and it should provide enough information for the reader to understand the results.
- Results: The results section presents the findings of the study. It includes a description of the data that was collected and how it was analyzed, as well as tables and figures to illustrate the results. The results should be accurately represented, and any discrepancies between the findings and the original hypothesis should be explained.
- Discussion: The discussion section interprets the results of the study, and compares them with the findings of other studies that have been conducted on the same topic. It should be well-written and organized, and it should provide a balanced assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the study. The discussion should also suggest ways to improve the study or its design.
- Conclusion: The conclusion restates the objectives of the study and summarises its main findings, with an emphasis on why they are significant. It should be concise and clearly stated.
Assignment Task 3: Write a concise and accurate account of a biochemical technique
A biochemical technique is a process that is used to extract and purify proteins from cells. The technique usually involves breaking down the cell walls and isolating the proteins, and it can be used to study the structure and function of proteins. There are a number of different techniques that can be used, including centrifugation, chromatography, and electrophoresis. Each technique has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of technique depends on the specific proteins that are being studied.
- The centrifugation technique is a process that uses centrifugal force to separate substances based on their weight. It is often used to purify proteins and can be performed using a number of different centrifuges, including an ultracentrifuge, a preparative centrifuge, or a high-speed blender. Ultracentrifugation can be used to separate components in different solutions based on their molecular weight. The proteins are spun at high speeds in an ultracentrifuge, and the force of the rotation causes them to move to the outside of the tube. The preparative centrifuge is used to separate particles based on their size and shape, and it is often used to purify proteins. The high-speed blender is a type of centrifuge that can be used to quickly purify proteins.
- The chromatography technique is a process that uses a stationary phase and a mobile phase to separate substances. There are different types of chromatography, including ion-exchange chromatography, affinity chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, and gel electrophoresis. These techniques use porous resin to separate proteins based on their size or electric charge. The advantage of this technique is that it can be used to purify a wide range of proteins, and it can be used to study the structure and function of proteins.
- The electrophoresis technique is a process that uses an electric field to separate substances. It is often used to purify proteins and can be performed using a number of different electrophoresis techniques, including gel electrophoresis and isoelectric focusing. Gel electrophoresis uses an electric field to separate proteins based on their size, and the proteins are loaded onto a gel and placed between two electrodes. The molecules move toward the electrode that has the opposite charge, based on their net charge. Isoelectric focusing separates molecules by their isoelectric point, which is the pH at which a molecule has a net charge of zero.
Each of these techniques has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of technique depends on the specific proteins that are being studied. The centrifugation technique is quick and easy to use, and it can be used to purify a wide range of proteins.
Assignment Task 4: Compose a succinct abstract for a piece of biological research
Abstract: In this study, we aimed to identify a biomarker that can be used as a predictor for the prognosis of prostate cancer. We performed flow cytometry on frozen tissue samples from 31 patients with prostate cancer at the time of radical therapy and compared them with matched normal patient tissue samples. By correlating the cell cycle activity of different cell populations to clinical parameters, we identified a subpopulation of cells that is associated with a poor prognosis. This subpopulation of cells can be used as a biomarker to predict the outcome of prostate cancer and help to guide treatment decisions.
The flow cytometry technique was used to identify a subpopulation of cells that is associated with a poor prognosis for prostate cancer. The researchers state that this biomarker can be used to predict the outcome of prostate cancer and guide treatment decisions.
Get high-quality assignment help in Ireland by hiring the professionals of Irelandassignmenthelp.com!
The assignment example discussed above is based on BI312 Scientific Writing.
We have a team of qualified writers who can provide you with any type of assignment help in Ireland, including law assignments, essays, term papers, research proposals, dissertations, and many others. No matter what kind of writing task you have to complete, we can help. You just have to say “complete my assignment for me” and you will get a well-structured paper without spending too much time on it. We offer the lowest prices on the market, so you won’t have to pay much money for getting your paper written.
We also offer the best essay writing service at very reasonable prices. So, if you are looking for someone to write my essay, then hire experts at Irelandassignmenthelp.com! We guarantee 100% originality and a high grade because our writers are experienced and qualified. Don’t hesitate any longer, just hire us and let us take care of your writing tasks!
- AUTO8007 Fleet Operations Assignment Example MTU Ireland
- AN3106 Gross Anatomy II: Thoracic and Abdominal Cavities and Contents assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- CT255 Next Generation Technologies II assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- EN2123 Studies in the Age of Shakespeare assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- DN120 Landscape Architecture Assignment Example UCD Ireland
- BO202 Evolution and the Tree of Life Assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- CT2103 Systems Analysis & Design Assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- EC139 Principles of Microeconomics Assignment Example NUI Galway Ireland
- BI312 Scientific Writing Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
- CH333 Biomolecule Production and Structure Determination Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
- EC306 Econometrics Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
- CN260 Beginner Chinese Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
- BI302 Microbiology Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
- BI207 Environmental Biology Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland
- KD312 Specialist Topics In Development II – Land And Livelihoods Assignment Example Maynooth University Ireland