What is the midwife assistant salary in Ireland?
A midwife assistant is trained professionally to provide efficient care to a mother and baby at the time of pregnancy, delivery, and the immediate postpartum period. A midwife assistant may not have any formal medical training, but get trained under an experienced midwife through an apprenticeship program.
However, some states require that midwife assistants have 1 to 3 years of experience and holder of a technical certificate award. The students pursuing a nursing course might think of developing a career as a midwife assistant. In this handout, the students will get information about the midwife’s assistant tasks and how much they earn.
What is the pay of midwife assistants in Ireland?
- A midwife assistant having 1 to 4 years of experience can earn around € 30,432 and this amount includes bonuses, tips, and overtime pays as well.
- However, a midwife assistant having around 5 to 9 years of experience can earn € 34,584.
- A well-experienced midwife assistant having around 10 to 19 years of experience earns €39,119.
On the other hand, a well-qualified midwife can earn up to € 45,841 on an average pay scale. It is worth noting that employers might use various calculation tools and formulas to work out
salaries, such as the compa ratio formula, and this can impact the salary range for this type of
What does a midwife assistant do?
Midwife assistants are the unsung heroes of childbirth, assisting not only with prenatal care but also delivery and postnatal care. They help midwives to educate prospective parents about giving birth in a safe environment that they may be less familiar with – from hospital maternity wards to home deliveries.
What tasks are performed by a midwife assistant?
The general midwife assistant tasks include:
- The midwife assistant helps the experienced midwife provide care during, after, and even during pregnancy.
- The midwife assistant manages plus coordinates with physicians while providing care during delivery.
- The midwife assistant can also offer reproductive and gynaecological planning services to mothers.
What skills are required for becoming a midwife assistant?
Generally, the midwife assistant should have proper nursing knowledge and skills in Gynecology/ Obstetrics. Apart from it, the midwife assistants can have skills in labour & delivery, birthing, and care to provide skills.
Master your nursing assignments with expert Irish writers
The students of Ireland can pay and get professionally written assignments in a short time. Though there are several writing companies claiming to provide quality assignments at a cheap price. However, no one can beat the services offered by IrelandAssignmentHelp.com. It is the most reliable and trustworthy writing organization offering students with high-quality assignment solutions. Moreover, the skilled team of Irish writers provides 100% plagiarism-free assignments so that the students can score good marks in their exams.