Care of a confused client – Essay Sample on Confused Patient
Many people lose things or forget someone’s name, especially persons over 60 years of face suffer from confusion. They may forget how to perform well-learned skills such as language problems, orientation, motor problems, and visual issues. It is crucial to treat elders with care and respect and help them with regular tasks.
Sometimes, confusion can become a symptom of dementia. The purpose of the assignment for FETAC Level 5 students is to show that caring not only includes physical care but also to give emotional support. The college students can take help from online assignment writing services to finish their assignments on time.
Confused clients show different changes in their behaviors and actions. Personality changes include delusions and mood swings. The objective of the care skills assignment is to enhance the skills, knowledge, and competencies acquired by students on the subject of caring.
Moreover, the confused client can become incapable of socializing with others and neglect established friendships. The client with language problems may face a hard time to understand what they said and follow directions. The students can take help from professional assignment writers for submitting high-quality assignments in front of their teachers.
What confuses the elderly?
Confused clients can face difficulties with day-to-day activities. They need help with bathing, eating, and dressing. However, confusion in the clients can be caused by physical, emotional, and environmental factors.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain
- Diseases of the central nervous system
- Temperature elevation, undetected infections
- Nutrition difficulties
- Effects of drugs
- Constipation and elimination difficulties
- Misinterpretation of sensory input
- Overstimulation or lack of stimulation
- Decreased contact
- New surroundings
The clients who are confused can have issues with their memory. Loss of orientation to person, time, and motor problems are common among confused clients. It becomes necessary to respect old age patients for promoting their healthcare and wellness.
What are the signs showing confusion in clients?
Some clients are not able to recognize their confusion. However, some clients have a hard time while dealing with confusion. They can show different signs in physical, functional, and behavioral manner:
- Being angry or rude anytime
- Being suspicious
- Seeing things that are not present
- Talkative or being constantly restless
- Not able to respond
- Hearing voices from the past
- Unable to eat
- Unable to bath
- Unable to dress
- Forgetting what time of life and date
- Difficulty to remember how to perform simple tasks
- Hiding or looking for things
- Misplacing or losing things
- No able to finish the task
- Getting lost
The college students preparing for old age people assignment come to know the characteristics of the confused clients. The caregivers protect confused clients from harm and enhance their health. It becomes efficient for the students to research in-depth about the caring measures for preventing confusion among the elderly.
Sample assignment on the care of a confused client
Title: Is there any type of confusion?
Generally, there are two types of confusion, namely; dementia and delirium. The clients suffering from delirium can face fluctuating levels of alertness. The overuse of medications may cause it. However, it goes away when the illness is properly treated or medication is stopped. Dementia can be due to brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease, brain injury, and many more. It becomes essential to address older abuse and focus on critical ways to provide efficient care to confused clients.
Take expert writing services to get nursing assignments in Ireland
The students of Ireland can take help from an expert writing team to submit standard assignments in front of their teachers. IrelandAssignmentHelp.com is a reputed writing company.
which provides the students with plagiarism-free essay paper. By consulting the expert Irish writing services, the students can score high marks in their academic results. It becomes easy for the students to focus on other activities by taking help from trained Irish writers.
- Nursing Communication Interpersonal Skills Reflection
- Burnout Emergency Nurses
- National Dementia Strategy Ireland
- Nurse Roles Caring Chest Infection Patient
- Nursing Practice Fundamentals
- Compassionate Care Reflective Essay
- Resources conflict related to Care provision Essay Sample
- Dignity and Respect in Nursing Essay Sample
- What make Nursing Assistant different from Healthcare Assistant Essay Sample
- What is Care Provision Essay Sample
- Care of a confused client – Deal with Confused patient
- Nursing Theory and Practice Dissertation Paper Sample
- Activities of Living Patient Care Example
- Emergency Nurses Preparedness for a Major Incident or Mass casualty Essay Sample
- Reflecting the Impact of Adult ACLS on Patient Outcomes Essay Sample