What makes nursing assistant duties different from healthcare assistant duties?
The students considering a career in the medical line want to dedicate their crucial years to becoming a healthcare assistant or nursing assistant. Many Irish students think that both nursing and healthcare assistant job is the same. However, both occupations are not the same and require different skills, tasks, working opportunities, and many more. In this handout, the students will learn what sets make nursing assistant different from healthcare assistants.
What are the responsibilities of a nursing assistant?
Nursing assistants are the ones who offer basic care and assist patients with daily living activities. They are also referred to as principal caregivers and keep more contacts with staff members and residents. Some of the nursing assistant tasks include:
- Helping patients during bathing or cleaning
- Dressing and serving meals to the patients
- Transferring or repositioning patients
- Setting up equipment at a doctor or a nurse request
- Listening to patients and reporting that information to doctors
- Transporting patients to treatment units like operating rooms
What are the responsibilities of a healthcare assistant?
Healthcare assistants or HCAs work under the guidance of different healthcare professionals. Generally, the nature of the healthcare assistant role varies from area to area. For instance, an HCA can work alongside midwife in maternity services, or nurses in the mental health community, and many more. Some of the tasks performed by healthcare assistants include:
- Monitoring, observing, and even recording the conditions of the patients. It includes pulse rate, temperature, weight, and respirations recording.
- Promoting positive nutritional, mental, and physical health among patients
- Assisting with clinical duties
- Communication with patients and their caregivers and families
Though both nursing and healthcare assistants offer care to patients, the nursing assistant also assists the patients with everyday activities. However, it is not part of a healthcare assistant job.
Submit nursing assignments timely with professional medical writers Ireland
The students asking can anyone write my nursing assignment should consult the team of professional Irish writers. IrelandAssignmentHelp.com is the no.1 choice of students who want to submit expert-written assignments before the final submission date. The experienced and trained writers assist the students with various academic disciplines including law, management, business, and healthcare assignments.
- Dignity and Respect in Nursing Essay Sample
- What make Nursing Assistant different from Healthcare Assistants Essay Sample
- Work Experience Diary Childcare Essay Sample
- What is Care Provision Essay Sample
- Care of a confused client – Deal with Confused patient
- Hearing Impairment & Disorders – Essay Sample
- Nursing Theory and Practice Dissertation Paper Sample
- Emergency Nurses Preparedness for a Major Incident or Mass casualty Essay Sample
- Reflecting the Impact of Adult ACLS on Patient Outcomes Essay Sample
- Healthcare, Aging and the Lifecycle Perspectives of Older Person Essay Sample
- Folic Acid Fortification – Public Health Nutrition Ireland Sample
- The Gibbs Reflective Cycle on Teamwork Essay Sample
- Cardiac Monitoring System Working Process Essay Sample
- Learning Goals and Action Points Examples Essay Sample
- Vocational Area Report Sample