Role of the Public Health Nurse in the Promotion of Individual and Community Health Essay Sample
In the following essay sample, we shall highlight the discussion on the role of the public health nurse in the promotion of individual and community health. These public health nurses are employed by the Health Service Executive (HSE) in Ireland to provide a wide range of healthcare services to the community and individuals.
They cover the areas according to their geographical location that is being assigned by the local health centre. Their nursing care services are required by the places such as schools, day centres, old age care homes, community health centres etc. They provide only basic care services to the patients and assist them in their daily routines.
The public health nurses provide care services to newly born infants, older adults, people with disabilities, chronically ill patients, women in their pregnancy, new mothers, people in social isolation, travellers community etc. There are care assistants who provide primary personal care along with the public health nurses.
Responsibilities of Public Health Nurses
The public health nurse is the Irish registered nurse who plays a very important role in making people aware and educated and also the communities about the healthcare services as they promote public welfare and overall wellness. They provide easy access to care services for the individuals and are responsible for preventing any spread of diseases.
Some of the responsibilities of the public health nurse are:-
- Evaluation of health of the patient and devising a healthcare plan and making a provision for treatment.
- Monitoring the health status and the condition of the patient by delivering the best quality care to the physicians and recording and analyzing the medical data.
- They work with public health officials to develop various care services and health care programmes.
- Making the patients educated and aware of the healthcare service and creating personal relationships with the patients.
- Referring of the patient to some other healthcare providers.
- Management of the health budget of the public healthcare programs.
Role of the Public Health Nurse in the Promotion of Individual Health
Public health nursing is meant for mainly addressing the health issues of the community but it can also provide individual centred care service. The public health nurses in Ireland presently work as part of interdisciplinary team. The role played by public health nurses in the promotion of individual health are:-
- They provide the sick and old age group who live at their homes with their care services to help them carry out their daily activities.
- PHS often do liaisoning with general practitioners or other health care providers to provide health services to the patients who are chronically ill or requires palliative care in the last stages of their lives to provide them with a decent standard of living.
- PHS visits the newborn infants and their mothers just within the first six weeks of the child’s birth. They provide maternity care services to new mothers in the postpartum phase. They also play a role in the school health service.
- They are focused on educating individuals, families and the communities on the important issues on health by providing physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
- Patients who are not very comfortable accessing care from traditional doctors can easily get access to such public health nursing services. They can access the symptoms, make plans for diagnosis, propose a care plan and treatment and advice a person with poor health literacy.
Role of the Public Health Nurse in the Community Health
The public health nurses must be able to practically get to know the work of the specific communities within the system. It has the goal to address the issues of the local and marginalized communities by focusing on the physical, social and environmental determinants of health.
They address the health status of the different communities and the groups that may include economic stability, healthcare access, education, food security and social issues (such as gender discrimination or racism). The role of the public health nurses is to make the communities healthy through short term and long term impact actions.
They organize healthcare programs and seminars for the communities with different needs and mark the concerned issues. The PHN also designs and implements various health education campaigns and activities for the prevention of the disease and spread of it.
The PHN demonstrate the various safety health practices to teach the family members to take care of their loved ones and encourage them to be vaccinated against the diseases. Their services provide quality care within the community and improvement of such care with an integration of the public health nursing services with the primary care structures.
Hire Any Content Writer Of Our Irish Company For Writing Plagiarism Free Essays And Assignments!
The above-written essay sample is based on the Role of the Public Health Nurses in the Promotion of the Health of the Individual and Community.
Nursing Studies QQI Level 5, Nursing and Midwifery QQI Level 5, Healthcare Support QQI Level 5, Child Health and Wellbeing QQI Level 5, Social Care QQI Level 5, Social and Community Care QQI Level 5, Careskills and Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Irish students can read the above-written essay sample to gain knowledge and enhance their language and writing skills.
We have many Nursing Care Assistant assignment help, ANP Roles and Duties in Ireland essay, Harm Principle (John Stuart Mill) Explanation, Government Policy on Health and Fitness Ireland essay sample, Health Promotion in Childhood Essay, Social and Community Work Essay and Care Support assignments on our official website for providing any reference to the students who are from the research department.
The assignment writing experts of our Irish company can provide an online essay writing service in Ireland and help with admission essay writing, essay rewriting services. The Ireland assignment help can provide you with many such plagiarism-free healthcare essays that can assist the Irish students to write their college essays.
- Role of the RNID in the Nursing Care and Management Essay Sample Ireland
- Postoperative Nursing Care Plan in Ireland Essay Example
- MSNUPOTFAD Nursing Perioperative Care – MSc Assignment Sample Ireland
- Clinical Judgment and Decision Making Essay Sample
- Biopharmaceutical Operations Assignment Example Ireland
- TR802 Dental Hygiene Diploma Level 7 Assignment Sample Ireland
- Role of Public Health Nurse in Promotion of Individuals Community Health Essay
- Regenerative Endodontics Essay Sample
- 5N3781 Speech and Language Therapy Theory QQI Level 5 Assignment Example
- 5N3746 Maternity Care Support QQI Level 5 Assignment
- Nursing Profession Code Ethics Importance Essay Sample
- Edmund Pellegrino Virtue Ethics Essay Sample
- Medication Management Ireland Essay Sample
- Cpd Nurses Midwives Essay Sample
- Anp Roles Duties Essay Sample