Sample essay on Addiction for Irish students
Addiction refers to physical inability due to which an individual is incapable of stopping the consumption of drugs, activity, or any substance. However, addiction does not only mean that individuals depend on the intake of substances such as cocaine and heroin.
It can cause psychological or physical harm to an individual who is not able to stop the intake of a particular drug or chemical. Addiction is like a chronic disease, which can also result from the consumption of certain medications. The students can take help from a team of professional academic writers and get expert-written assignment papers in a short time.
When any person experiences addiction, they are not able to control the substance which they are taking, and they become dependent on using the addicted substance in daily life. Even an individual can suffer from behavioral addictions in which they are not able to stop involving in activities such as eating, gambling, and working. Undoubtedly, addiction can reduce self-control, and the individual addicted to any substance cannot experience independence in their life. The overuse of prescribed painkillers can become the primary cause of addiction among adults. It is beneficial for Irish students asking can anyone write my assignment to take help from a leading writing company.
Common symptoms of addiction
- Unable to control engagement in harmful levels of habits
- Difficulties arising in a relationship, especially lashing out on those people who identify the cause of addiction
- A noticeable rejection of hygiene
- Losing interest in activities
- Neglecting other tasks which do not involve the substance with which they are addicted
- Uncontrollably looking for drugs
- Reflective changes in appearance
- Incapability to stop the use of the drug even after knowing that it can cause health problems
- Hiding behaviors or substances
Moreover, if a person suffering from addiction stops talking about the substance, then they can experience serious health-related issues. Some of the health problems arising after stopping the intake of the addicted substance include anxiety, nausea, fatigue, tremors, vomiting, irritability, and a loss of appetite.
How to treat addiction among adults?
With the advancement in medical science, it has become possible to manage and resolve addiction. Some effective therapies are helpful to treat individuals suffering from addiction. Some of the effective methods include:
- Drug-based treatment
- Counseling and behavioral therapy
- Ongoing care to reduce the high risk of health-related problems
- Efficient medical devices to treat withdrawal
- Medical treatment related to psychological factors like depression
Undoubtedly, the treatment of addiction requires proper support from the family members of an individual. The support from the individual’s community and family is highly beneficial to overcome the addiction quickly. Addiction to any substance or behavior requires different management due too, and its treatment can be quite complicated and can take a long time as well.
Essay sample on addiction for college students of Ireland
Title: What is the difference between addiction and misuse?
Misuse is quite different from addiction, which refers to chronic dependence on any substance. The substance which gets misused does not lead to addiction; however, addiction includes the misuse of the substance. Addiction can relate to the behavior that inhibits daily activities and affect relationships. However, misuse refers to the excessive or incorrect use of body-altering substances. Addiction is the long-term incapability, which makes the person dependent on the harmful substance to perform other activities. Any individual suffering from addiction can continuously misuse the substance irrespective of its adverse effects.
Hire professional writers to get addiction essays in Ireland
The team of IrelandAssignmentHelp.com provides the students with standardized essay writing solutions. The students of Ireland can take help from the professional team of academic writers to submit their homework on time. The assignment writing team is available 24/7 to assist the students with effective essay writing services. By taking help from expert Irish writers, the students can improve their academic grades. The professional writers are well-experienced and they deliver high-quality essay papers before the final date of submission. The students can enhance their academic performance by hiring an expert team of Irish writers.
- STN1105 Eating Disorders in Adults and Adolescents Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Conditions Essay Sample Ireland
- Pain Management Sickle Cell Disease Essay Sample
- Management Infectious Disease Childcare Settings Essay Sample
- Blind man on his daily needs, physical, emotional and spiritual
- Parkinson’s chronic disease for older care Assignment Sample
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Ireland Essay
- Chlamydia-Sexual Health Essay Sample
- Alzheimer Disease Essay
- Stroke Cause and Treatment Care Skills Demonstration Assignment Example
- Anxiety Disorder Essay Sample
- Signs of Mental illness in infants Essay
- Helping ADHD child focus without Medication Essay Sample
- Schizophrenia Essay Sample
- Mental Illness Essay Sample