Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Ireland Essay
In the past few years, there has been a drastic increase in Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) in Ireland. Therefore, it is obligatory to understand the causes, and symptoms of STIs, and the steps to avoid their spread. Hence, this article is our humble effort to spread awareness of sexually transmitted diseases that are prevailing presently in Ireland. Also, as we move further, we shall be throwing light on the methods to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections ( STI).
The changing lifestyles and the rising stress levels in today’s time have rendered people falling prey to many different kinds of diseases. One such type of disease is sexually transmitted infections. Generally, these occur due to the negligence of people. Mostly, the cause of STI is bacteria that infect the reproductive organs of men and women.
Causes of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
As stated above, sexually transmitted diseases spread when people turn incautious. The main causes of STI include:
- Having Unprotected sex
- Genital contact with an infected person
- Practising intercourse with multiple partners
- Not using condoms while performing sexual activity
- Caused when mucus membrane breaks and is bare
- Any kind of injury on the sexual parts.
In most cases, the bacteria and virus infect human organs like the rectum, penis ( in men), and Fallopian tubes in women. In certain cases throat also gets infected.
Sexually transmitted diseases are an important topic for learners doing care skills and health care courses in Ireland. The students need to write about STIs as a care skill assignment. However, for them, it might be difficult. The reason is, that students usually take up distance learning courses and carry part-time jobs along with studying. Moreover, It becomes very tough for them to make things work out. Therefore, they can take help in writing Healthcare assignments. For writing essays on various topics, the students can hire essay writers in Ireland.
Different Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
The most common STI that is noticed in people in Ireland is Chlamydia which is a bacterial infection. Other sexually transmitted diseases include genital warts, gonorrhoea, genital herpes, pubic lice, syphilis, HIV, and scabies.
However, the facts say that in 2009 in Ireland, out of all the STI cases reported, 53.4% of people were suffering from Chlamydia. Chlamydia generally happens to young people belonging to the 25-30 years of age group.
How to Get Tested for STIs?
Commonly, urine samples and blood tests help in knowing if a person is suffering from any kind of sexually transmitted infection. Other cases include examining the discharge. However, in specific cases, a cotton swab is collected from the throat or the rectum of the patient.
What are the Symptoms?
Generally, the symptoms do not show up in the early stages. But, in the later weeks, the patients suffer from pain during urination, a discharge from the penis in case of men, blisters, a burning sensation around the penis, discharge from the rectum, etc.
The patients who know about STI must be aware of their partners about this disease.
To prevent STIs it is important to practice protected intercourse. Also, having multiple partners is not a good thing. In case one of the partners is having STI, sexual activity should not take place between the two. It is better to be careful than to suffer.
Also, as per the doctor’s advice, if an STI patient is undergoing treatment, he/she must avoid having sex. It is a 7-day procedure and the precaution is also for a week or so.
We hope that this article opened your eyes to STIs. Additionally, if the students require any kind of help in report writing for universities or any kind of assistance on care support module assignment writing they can Hire our trained writers. At Ireland assignment help we provide a bunch of services and that too at quite affordable rates. So, you need not panic and just click to grab the opportunity.
- STN1105 Eating Disorders in Adults and Adolescents Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Conditions Essay Sample Ireland
- Pain Management Sickle Cell Disease Essay Sample
- Management Infectious Disease Childcare Settings Essay Sample
- Blind man on his daily needs, physical, emotional and spiritual
- Parkinson’s chronic disease for older care Assignment Sample
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Ireland Essay
- Chlamydia-Sexual Health Essay Sample
- Alzheimer Disease Essay
- Stroke Cause and Treatment Care Skills Demonstration Assignment Example
- Anxiety Disorder Essay Sample
- Signs of Mental illness in infants Essay
- Helping ADHD child focus without Medication Essay Sample
- Schizophrenia Essay Sample
- Mental Illness Essay Sample