Anarchism Impact On the Society Essay Sample Ireland
In the following essay sample, we shall cover and discuss the topic of “Anarchism Impact on the Society.” Firstly we must focus on the meaning of the term ‘anarchism.’ This is a radical and revolutionary political philosophy and political economy. There are definitions that have been devised for anarchy by different political and anarchist thinkers.
Anarchism is the process in which the authority is replaced by the non-hierarchical structures which have many voluntary associations of the human beings. Some of the key principles of anarchism are self-organization, autonomy, freedom, voluntary associations, solidarity and egalitarianism etc.
Definition of Anarchism by Peter Kropotkin
Out of the many definitions that have been formulated for the term anarchism. The definition of anarchy has also been given by Peter Kropotkin. His definition states that anarchism is the term that is used for the principal or the theory of life in which the society is not governed by the government.
The harmony and obedience in such societies can be ensured by no such authority but rather through free agreements among the various groups which are being constituted for the production and consumption and for the satisfaction of the different aspirations and needs of the general public.
History and Impact of the Anarchism On Society
Anarchy is not the capitalist economy and also not the nation-state which is not governed by the representative democracy. It is a blend or combination of liberalism and communism. Such a society is a free society for the free individual.
This philosophy of anarchy came into existence in the middle of the 19th century where organizations can emerge without any central coordination. Such anarchism has it’s both positive and negative impacts on society. Some of the well known anarchist thinkers are Pierre Joseph Proudhon, Peter Kropotkin, William Godwin, Emma Goldman, Mikhail Bakunin and Max Stirner.
Most of the anarchist principles, theory and convictions which are mentioned above are not part of the modern invented anarchist theory rather they are as old as the human civilisation. Anarchist theory is inconsistent and the concept is homogeneous just like the other political ideologies. It evolves in different ways due to different political philosophies.
William Godwin developed the theory of anarchy which stated that the state and government have a bad influence on society as it can create unnecessary dependency which takes away the freedom of the people. He openly criticized state and structural violence and stated that laws are created by the rich and powerful.
There are mainly two schools of anarchism that puts focus on the society supporting the political economy and socializing means of production which is known as social anarchism. While the concept of libertarian anarchism puts an emphasis on freedom and individual liberty. The will of the individual is of paramount importance.
Consequences of Anarchy in the Society
- The anarchy in the state ensures that the individual state can easily provide for its own social security as it is not capable of enforcement of international law.
- Such security under the anarchist state can only be achieved naturally through self-help that results in power maximization. It is normal behaviour in the anarchist states. Such power can of military or economy etc.
- In such states where there is self-help and power maximization, it can normally lead to a situation of war. The war threat or situation can is the way through which the conflicting interests could easily be resolved. Such states which do resolve it’s conflicted interests through organized violence is responsible for the development of the internal cultures of militarism.
- The political scientists claim that under the conditions of anarchy there is also a small threat of any large scale war and when there is a sudden shift in the distribution of power among the states. This is known as the power transition crisis. The harsh environment in anarchy displays the non-enforcement of international law and is violently chaotic. The goal of such an anarchist state is survival and security.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Anarchy in the Society
Some of the advantages of having anarchy in the state are:-
- People are capable of governing themselves as there is no specific need of the government and all the important decisions are made by the general public in their free will of the state.
- Anarchy leads to a higher level of freedom for the general public as there are no laws, rules and regulations which are set by the government and also there are no sanctions for complying with such rules.
- Such a society will have no issues of paying taxes to the government that helps the people to save money and contribute sufficiently to the economy of the country and they can use this saved money for other purposes.
- It also fills the income inequality gap or distribution between the rich and poor that shall reduce the issues of hunger and poverty.
- This shall form the new cultural values and renewal of the system along with an introduction of a new set of social norms that would benefit the general public and the minorities groups. The minority be treated equally in society due to increase intolerance in society.
Some of the disadvantages of the society which has anarchy are:-
- The first issue in such a society is the lack of order in the society that leads to chaos and no security of the property of the people.
- The local currency value may also suffer as a result of anarchy which shall reduce the investments in the country creating an economic crisis.
- There shall be a lack of investment in education, social security and public infrastructures and this anarchy cannot withstand for the long run.
- There are many issues that are associated with the environment that cannot get resolved without the government as one needs the high investment and technology and such demand cannot be met due to the collection of no tax.
- Anarchy can make the people in the country flee to other countries which shall lower down the overall development of the country as it would lack the high skilled and qualified workers.
Hurry Up! Buy Sociology Essays From Our Writing Company At Reasonable Price!
The above-written essay sample is based on ‘Anarchism impact on the society and the various aspects related to it.
Social Studies QQI Level 5, Community and Social Care QQI Level 5, Social Care QQI Level 5, Sociology QQI Level 5, Political Studies QQI Level 5, Applied Social Studies QQI Level 5 Irish students can read this above-written essay sample work and gain knowledge on such topics and improve their writing skills.
Our official Irish website has many Sociology and Social Care Essay Sample Work, Social Studies Essays, Free Essay and Assignment Samples and History and Legislations Ireland Essay Samples which can be referred to and used by the students to progress in their research work and language skills.
We have the best essay writing services and professional rewrite essay services in Ireland which can provide you with plagiarism-free college essays. Assignment writing experts of Irish companies can write online assignments at the most reasonable price for you.
- Anarchism Impact on Society Essay Sample
- The Economic Social Impact of Higher Education Essay
- SOC20260 Quantitative Research Methods UCD Assignment Sample Ireland
- 5N1371 Social Analysis Fetac Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N2707 Working with Groups QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N0777 Community Development Practice QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N0765 Intercultural Studies QQI Level 5 Assignment Sample
- 5N2708 Social Justice Principles FETAC Level 5 Assignment
- Gender Contemporary Irish Cinema Essay Sample
- Gender Pay Gap Ireland Essay Sample
- Development Irish Welfare State Essay Sample
- Ireland Climate Change Policy Essay Sample
- Fast Fashion Impact Society Environment Essay Sample
- Julius Caesar Facts
- Professionalisation Social Care Ireland