Reducing the Risk of Stroke With Atrial Fibrillation Essay Sample
This sample essay shall focus on the condition of Atrial Fibrillation, its common symptoms, and what cause it. It will also include ways of reducing the risk of stroke with Atrial Fibrillation conditions and Atrial Fibrillation (AF) in Ireland.
Atrial Fibrillation (AF) is a common heart ailment with irregular heart rhythm disorder which is caused due to underlying conditions and experiencing chaotic electric signals. AFib interrupts the flow of blood and increases the risk of blood clots. It is also known as AFib or Arrhythmia.
Though Arrhythmia in itself is not a serious disease it can lead to other major heart problems like stroke, heart attack, neurological disorders (brain hemorrhage, brain stroke, dementia disability, etc), and can even cause death due to heart failure.
This condition is very common in old people above 65 age and even amongst young adults these days due to their aggressive lifestyle.
Symptoms of Arrhythmia
Some of the most common symptoms of Arrhythmia include heart palpitations, dizziness, confusion, excessive pain in the chest, weakness, fatigue, and often fainting.
Causes of Arrhythmia
Some of the most common causes of Arrhythmia or Atrial Fibrillation can include conditions of high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, heart surgery, coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, thyroid, pericarditis, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, etc.
Ways to lower the risk of stroke with Atrial Fibrillation
- For reducing the risk of heart stroke or preventing any damage caused to the other organs in the body due to blood clots. The doctors or health professionals in the first instance will prescribe blood-thinning medication or anticoagulants.
Some of the anticoagulants used for AFib patients are –
Warfarin (Commadin Jantoven), Edoxaban (Savaysa), Apixaban (Eliquis), Dabigatren (Pradaxa).
- If this medication of blood-thinning or anticoagulants is not possible then the doctor may recommend left atrial appendage closure to seal in the left atrium due to the formation of blood clots in it.
A closure device is permanently placed in the heart and surgery remains optional for closing the left atrial appendage.
- Other methods to reduce the risk of heart-related ailments are to do physical exercises and follow a properly nutritious diet. This can improve the condition of Atrial Fibrillation and the heart health status of the patients.
Such patients can perform cardio exercises regularly, eat healthy food with fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts, avoid smoking and drinking, avoid binge eating, keep a healthy weight, get enough sleep, be less sedentary, and regular health checkups if any underlying health condition of blood pressure, thyroid and diabetes, and monitoring or self-tracking of health.
Atrial Fibrillation or AFib in Ireland
Atrial Fibrillation is a very common disease in Ireland amongst older adults above 60 and even in young adults due to their bad lifestyle. Out of every three-stroke at least one is related to Atrial Fibrillation in Ireland.
The early recognition or detection of symptoms can help the younger generation from getting this heart condition. It is becoming much more common in them due to alcohol, smoking, increase in blood pressure, family history, and obesity.
It is also leading to a greater risk of neurological disability in people as one ages with time.
Stroke Prevention and Atrial Fibrillation Ireland (SPAFI) aims to address the heart issues of arrhythmia, prevention methods, detection, and treatment to cure it.
There is an effective collective effort from the side of all the doctors, nursing staff, health physicians, cardiologists, and geriatricians to focus on issues of AF and its relevant areas and other heart diseases.
This also has the full support of the Irish College of General Practitioners, Royal College of Physicians of Ireland- HSE National Stroke, Irish Heart Foundations, Irish Cardiac Society, Irish physicians in Geriatric medicines, Stroke Clinical Trials Network Ireland to deal with the issues of the rising number of cases of heart disease especially Atrial Fibrillation causing a stroke.
Best academic writers for helping you score better than the rest!
The above sample mentions the condition of Atrial Fibrillation and ways to reduce the risk of stroke caused due to this condition.
Healthcare QQI Healthcare Support QQI Level 5, Careskills QQI, Wellbeing QQI, Medical Terminology and Administration QQI Level 5, Care Assistant Course QQI Level 5, Nursing QQI Level 5, Neurology students can read this essay to understand the health condition related to the heart.
We have healthcare assignments on Cardiac Monitoring System Working Process, Dementia Strategy Ireland, Biomaterial: Drug-eluting stents for coronary artery disease, death and dying in late adulthood, stroke cause, and treatment care skills, Impact of Adult ACLS Course Participation.
You might be seriously worried to score better than the last time in your academics but due to the workload of assignment submission not able to study properly.
Unburden your workload and de-stress yourself by hiring a good professional healthcare writer for your college assignments.
- Level 7 BA in Pharmaceutical Business Operations (Annual Abbreviated GMP Self-inspection Audit of Cell Culture Bioreactor Area Report) Assignment Sample Ireland
- Cognitive Behavioural Modalities Assignment Sample Ireland
- The Effectiveness of Mindfulness Interventions In Reducing Stress And Burnout For Mental Health Therapists In Ireland Essay Sample
- Psychodynamic Modalities Assignment Sample Ireland
- Family Therapy Assignment Sample In Ireland
- Integrative Modalities Assignment Sample Ireland
- Person-Centred Modalities Assignment Sample Ireland
- SP139 Community Health Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- STN1107 Professional Practice Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- STN1106 Primary and Community Mental Health Care Assignment Sample NUI Galway Ireland
- AN230 Human Body Structure Assignment Sample NUIG Ireland
- CR6801: Trauma and Victimology Assignment Sample Ireland
- Challenges of Blockchain in Healthcare Essay Sample Ireland
- Equipment and Caring Aids that are part of the Irish Healthcare Essay Example Ireland
- Benefits and Risks of Hormones Replacement Therapy for Women Essay Sample Ireland