Reducing the Risk of Stroke With Atrial Fibrillation Essay Sample
This sample essay shall focus on the condition of Atrial Fibrillation, its common symptoms, and it cause it. It will also include ways of reducing the risk of stroke with Atrial Fibrillation condition and Atrial Fibrillation (AF) in Ireland.
Atrial Fibrillation (AF) is a common heart ailment with irregular heart rhythm disorder which is caused due to underlying conditions and on experiencing chaotic electric signals. AFib interrupts the flow of blood and increases the risk of blood clots. It is also known as AFib or Arrhythmia.
Though Arrhythmia in itself is not a serious disease it can lead to other major heart problems like stroke, heart attack, neurological disorders (brain hemorrhage, brain stroke, dementia disability, etc), and can even cause death due to heart failure.
This condition is very common in old people above 65 age and even amongst young adults these days due to their aggressive lifestyle.
Symptoms of Arrhythmia
Some of the most common symptoms of Arrhythmia include heart palpitations, dizziness, confusion, excessive pain in the chest, weakness, fatigue, and often fainting.
Causes of Arrhythmia
Some of the most common causes of Arrhythmia or Atrial Fibrillation can include conditions of high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, heart surgery, coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, thyroid, pericarditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, etc.
Ways to lower the risk of stroke with Atrial Fibrillation
- For reducing the risk of heart stroke or preventing any damage caused to the other organs in the body due to blood clots. The doctors or health professionals on the first instance will prescribe blood-thinning medication or anticoagulants.
Some of the anticoagulants used for AFib patients are –
Warfarin (Commadin Jantoven), Edoxaban (Savaysa), Apixaban (Eliquis), Dabigatren (Pradaxa).
- If this medication of blood-thinning or anticoagulants is not possible then the doctor may recommend left atrial appendage closure to seal in the left atrium due to the formation of blood clots in it.
A closure device is permanently placed in the heart and surgery remains optional for closing the left atrial appendage.
- Other methods to reduce the risk of heart-related ailments is to do physical exercises and following a properly nutritious diet. This can improve the condition of Atrial Fibrillation and the heart health status of the patients.
Such patients can perform cardio exercises regularly, eat healthy food with fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts, avoiding smoking and drinking, avoiding binge eating, keeping a healthy weight, getting enough sleep, less sedentary and regular health checkups if any underlying health condition of blood pressure, thyroid and diabetes, and monitoring or self-tracking of health.
Atrial Fibrillation or AFib in Ireland
Atrial Fibrillation is a very common disease in Ireland amongst older adults above 60 and even in young adults due to their bad lifestyle. Out of every three-stroke at least one is related to Atrial Fibrillation in Ireland.
The early recognition or detection of symptoms can help the younger generation from getting this heart condition. It is becoming much common in them due to alcohol, smoking, increase in blood pressure, family history and obesity.
It is also leading to a greater risk of neurological disability in people as one age with time.
Stroke Prevention and Atrial Fibrillation Ireland (SPAFI) aims to address the heart issues of arrhythmia, prevention methods, detection, and treatment to cure it.
There is an effective collective effort from the side of all the doctors, nursing staff, health physicians, cardiologists, and geriatricians to focus on issues of AF and its relevant areas and other heart diseases.
This also has the full support of the Irish College of General Practitioners, Royal College of Physicians of Ireland- HSE National Stroke, Irish Heart Foundations, Irish Cardiac Society, Irish physicians in Geriatric medicines, Stroke Clinical Trials Network Ireland to deal with the issues of the rising number of cases of heart disease especially Atrial Fibrillation causing a stroke.
Best academic writers for helping you score better than the rest!
The above sample mentions the condition of Atrial Fibrillation and ways to reduce the risk of stroke caused due to this condition.
Healthcare QQI Healthcare Support QQI Level 5, Careskills QQI, Wellbeing QQI, Medical Terminology and Administration QQI Level 5, Care Assistant Course QQI Level 5, Nursing QQI Level 5, Neurology students can read this essay to understand the health condition related to the heart.
We have healthcare assignments on Cardiac Monitoring System Working Process, Dementia Strategy Ireland, Biomaterial: Drug-eluting stents for coronary artery disease, death and dying in late adulthood, stroke cause, and treatment care skills, Impact of Adult ACLS Course Participation.
You might be seriously worried to score better than the last time in your academics but due to the workload of assignment submission not able to study properly.
Unburden your workload and de-stress yourself by hiring a good professional healthcare writer for your college assignments.
- Nursing Profession Code Ethics Importance Essay Sample
- HPV immunization module Ireland Essay Sample
- National Standards Infection Prevention Community Services Essay Sample
- Flu Vaccination Essay Sample
- National Hand Hygiene Ireland Essay Sample
- National Cancer Screening Programmes Ireland Essay Sample
- Chronic Conditions Management Ireland Essay Sample
- National Wound Management Guidelines Essay Sample
- Hypertensive Patients Care Essay Sample
- Management Infectious Disease Childcare Settings Essay Sample
- EHR Improve Quality Safety Patient’s Care
- Stroke Patients Reflective Essay
- Diabates Reflective Essay
- AED Use Guidelines Essay Sample
- Grossman Model Health Demand