Assignment sample on Strategies for dealing with Stressors in the Workplace
Whether an individual love their job or not at some point, everyone experience the pressure of work-related stress. From meeting a project submission deadline to fulfilling the required terms, there are several causes of stress at work. When work-related stress becomes chronic, it can become harmful plus injurious to both mental and physical health. Though it is difficult to avoid the stress and tensions that occur at the workplace, still it is recommendable to focus on critical strategies for managing stress.
Feeling nervous and overwhelmed in the workplace is common. However, if an individual experiences low energy and stomach problems daily while working then it shows that person is suffering from stress. Stress not only causes an emotional outbreak, but also leads to muscle tension, diarrhea, insomnia, and gastrointestinal issues. Additionally, the dangerous effects of stress in the workplace show that chronic stress can result in a heart attack or a sudden death. That is why; it becomes efficient to manage stress at the workplace and preventing the health of employees as well as employers.
Common symptoms of work-related stress
Many Irish students ask how employers can reduce stress in the workplace. For managing or reducing stress at the workplace, it is essential to first identify the signs and symptoms of work-related stress. Generally, work-related stress symptoms can be behavioral, physical, and psychological.
- Sleeping problems like insomnia
- Muscular tension
- Dermatological disorders
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Mood swings
- Issues with interpersonal relationships
- Frustration and impatience
How to manage stress in the workplace?
- Keep checking stressors: One of the best creative ways to reduce stress at work is to keep a journal and identify which situations generate most stress to your life. It is efficient to record opinions, thoughts, and information about the environment. Taking notes about the physical setting and what was the reaction to any situation helps in finding some pattern among stressors.
- Build up healthy responses: Some people believe that drinking or eating too much can help in fighting stress. However, this is just a misconception and it’s better to make some healthy choices whenever an individual feels the tension rise. Yoga and meditation are great stress-buster and help you to manage stress effectively. Getting adequate sleep also helps in reducing workplace stress and enhancing individual productivity.
- Take moment to refresh: If anyone wants to avoid the negative effects of stress, it’s essential to refresh and then return to work. Such a recovery process needs switching off from daily work activities and taking some time to recharge the body physically and mentally. Deep breathing exercises and focusing on critical stress management techniques help employees to stay physically and mentally active.
Sample on strategies for dealing with stressors in the workplace
Title: What are the general causes of stress in the workplace?
Heavy workload is one of the major causes of work-related stress. The individuals spending long hours working on the project and making efforts to meet the deadline can feel stress. Apart from it, an inadequate working environment creates stress for the employees as well as employers. Discrimination and harassment are also the major causes of stress that leads to poor relationships of individuals at the workplace. The employees and employers search for the best strategies for managing stress in the workplace. However, to manage stress, it is essential to first identify the cause and eliminate it. Once the employees find the cause, they can talk over their concerns with the employer or manager. It helps in creating a positive working environment and leads to stress management.
Take professional writing assistance for management assignments in Ireland
The students struggling with their management assignments can ask professional writers to complete my assignment. The team of IrelandAssignmentHelp.com helps students to finish their homework time and meet the submission deadline. By taking help from an experienced team of Irish writers, the students can present quality assignments in front of their teachers. The expert writers provide students with the best essay writing solutions so that they can score good marks in their projects.
- Strategies for dealing with Stressors in the Workplace Assignment Sample
- Relationship Between Boredom and Drinking Essay Sample
- Freedom of Information Act 2003 and 2014 Essay Sample
- Housekeeping Principles and Procedures Essay
- FETAC Dog Grooming Assignment Sample
- Sports Essay Sample
- Homelessness in Ireland Essay Sample
- Rural Resource Development Essay Sample
- Youth crime in Ireland – Essay Sample & Example
- Attempted Suicide Essay Sample
- Relevant Legislation about Disability Research paper Sample
- The Tourism Industry Report Sample
- Future of Sports Tourism Essay Sample
- Political Influences in Sports and Recreation Essay Sample
- Growth of Tourism Essay Sample