Sample Essay on Importance of Effective Communication in Healthcare
Effective Communication is a benchmark in healthcare procedures. Also, Students practising healthcare, nursing courses in Ireland must understand the importance of good communication.
Thus, in this very piece of writing, we shall be highlighting the Importance of Effective Communication in Healthcare. What are the barriers in the path of effective communication? How can one improve communication in healthcare? etc., these questions will also be entertained in this article.
“Communication” in general, involves a dialogue between the involved parties. It includes the sender, receiver, and message. Now, in all the cases in the healthcare world, the process of communication may not be the same. Because, the patients that the doctors, healthcare workers, and the nurses belong to different cultural backgrounds. Also, the language may act as a barrier. Thus, there is a lot to be improvised while communicating. Hence, healthcare communication strategies play a vital role.
What is the Importance of Effective Communication in Healthcare?
Communication techniques in healthcare should be efficacious. An effective communication role begins when a patient comes to consult a doctor. Any disease or physical disability requires to be discussed thoroughly with your physician. So, for that, both the doctor and the patient should be expressive in their dialogues. Now, if the patient is introverted or less responsive then his/her treatment may not take a proper path. On the other hand, if he talks about his history, previous medications, and mental disturbances, major concerns with the doctor, he can get help in a superior way.
Secondly, the scenario may be that the patient is suffering from mental illness. In that case, communication becomes much more pivotal. The healthcare professionals, workers, nurses should ensure that they tackle the patient compassionately. The softer you are with the patient, the better is your relationship with him/her. Also, you need to assure him that he will soon recover from his state of illness. And, only good communication and healthy camaraderie can help your patient come out of his problems.
Moreover, the better is the behavior and communication of a doctor the more effective his practice will be. His patients will be willing to talk to him regarding their issues. Thus, communication in healthcare is of the utmost importance.
Barriers in Communication in Healthcare:
There are several barriers to communication in healthcare. We will be enlisting some of them in this paragraph. The cultural diversification may act as a barrier in communication. Patients and healthcare workers are culturally different.
Moreover, social backgrounds also impact the manner of communication. That is to say, some of the healthcare workers might be very soft and polite whereas others can be arrogant.
So, the need is to understand that healthcare workers need to deal with some compassionate care. The nurses and healthcare workers should try and work on their interpersonal skills. Hence, this will help in establishing a healthy atmosphere and provides comfort to the patients.
Additionally, in some cases, miscommunication may also be seen in hospitals. Due to this, some issues arise in care work. These barriers can be eradicated by:
- Organizing seminars for health care workers.
- Creating awareness regarding the need for good and effective communication in healthcare.
- Taking steps to overcome miscommunication due to cultural disparity.
- Developing good communication strategies.
- making some important guidelines and strict regulations for healthcare workers.
- Rude behavior with the patients should be intolerant.
To summarize, the implications of effective communication in healthcare are climacteric. Now, students may require help in writing assignments, essays, dissertations, thesis for their projects or modules in the QQI courses in Ireland. In that case, they can take help from our experts.
We provide services like essay writing, proofreading, etc. Also, our services are cost-friendly. You can reach out to our professional writers for help. And, you will get your work well within the given time. So, no more worrying about assignments, projects, and homework.
- SCAD Pregnancy Essay Sample
- National Stroke Programme Ireland Essay Sample
- Nursing Profession Code Ethics Importance Essay Sample
- HPV immunization module Ireland Essay Sample
- National Standards Infection Prevention Community Services Essay Sample
- Flu Vaccination Essay Sample
- National Hand Hygiene Ireland Essay Sample
- National Cancer Screening Programmes Ireland Essay Sample
- Chronic Conditions Management Ireland Essay Sample
- National Wound Management Guidelines Essay Sample
- Hypertensive Patients Care Essay Sample
- Management Infectious Disease Childcare Settings Essay Sample
- EHR Improve Quality Safety Patient’s Care
- Stroke Patients Reflective Essay
- Diabates Reflective Essay