Recruit, Motivate and provide Feedback to Staff during Childcare Supervision Essay Sample
Following essay sample is written with the purpose of understanding the recruitment process, childcare staff motivation and providing constructive feedback of their performance by the childcare supervisor. The essay will deal with a recruit, motivate and provide feedback to staff during childcare supervision.
First, we will discuss the selection and recruitment process of childcare employees by the child supervisor.
Recruitment or selection process of the childcare staff during childcare supervision
The process of selection and recruitment of the childcare employees must be fair and transparent. The rights of the employees must be safeguarded by the Equality in Employment Act 1998 and the other Equality legislation in Ireland. Recruitment process follows transparency and justice to be in the best interests of the children.
The childcare services are primarily responsible for the fair recruitment process of childcare employees. Proper recruitment policy and procedures are to be followed for this process.
These are the following process while recruiting staff in childcare:-
1. Job Description
The job description is made before it is being advertised or posted for inviting candidates for application. It could include descriptive details like the job title, job location, purpose of the job, area of the job, person specification, person to report work, roles and duties attached with the job position etc.
2. Advertisement of the job for the public
Such a job is made available to the public through the advertisement and displays on the online job portals, employment newspapers and advertisements on various job application websites.
In this segment, a much more detailed requirement and description of the job is being mentioned. Apart from the previous details mentioned under the job description. It also requires details of the qualifications and work experience required to apply for the post along with the closing date for application.
3. Shortlisting of the candidate’s applications
The next step of the recruiting process is the shortlisting or reviewing of applications of the candidates. Shortlisting panel reviews the desired candidates applications for the job by matching their profile with the job profile requirements. If the candidate’s profile matches with the job profile then they may be called for an interview round.
A regret letter is being sent to the candidates who are not selected for the next level of the recruitment process.
4. Interview process of desired candidates for the job
The interview panel must have at least a minimum member of three along with that one member of the management committee. One other member from the shortlisting panel. The interview panel may also include someone from outside of the organization. For instance, someone from the Childcare or Supervision Committee.
Interview questions are already set on the basis of the job role that is being offered to the candidates. A score sheet of candidates score in interview along with a detailed report of the interview process is being made and kept separately for further reference and process.
The job position is offered to the candidate with the highest marks obtained in the interview and the job references are checked along if any.
5. A Garda Declaration signed by the selected candidate
After an interview process, when a candidate is being selected for the job. He needs to sign A Garda Declaration clearance which is important for all the new joiners. If it is not possible then a declaration showing no previous ground of crimes or criminal record in the past must be signed by the candidates. As a criminal could be a direct threat or risk for children. Later the personal identification and documentation of candidates must be done.
6. Employment Contract is drafted for the selected candidates
An employment contract is being prepared for the new employees of childcare. This employment contract in a simple language can also be called as a joining letter. This contract contains details of the job position like –
The joining date, duration of employment, conditions and terms of employment, proposed salary, number of working hours, annual paid leaves or unpaid leaves, probation period, health and other benefits.
7. Orientation and induction programme for new joinees
Induction of an orientation programme is being conducted for the new joinees or employees. This programme will be conducted to give a detailed view and information about the job role and organizational goals.
The existing employees are introduced to the new joinees or employees during the induction period. Terms and conditions including the code of conduct of employees are also discussed in this period. Salary scales, perks, benefits and detailed explanation of policy and procedures of childcare service are provided by the childcare supervisor.
The Motivation of Staff during Childcare Supervision
Childcare employees motivation in the early years is a very important task as it has a huge influence on the child’s overall development and learning. Staff motivation creates a healthy and safe environment for the children as well as it impacts their growth and development.
Childcare employees could be motivated during supervision by recognizing their efforts, considering their contribution and discharge of duties, providing new challenges in their job regularly etc. Positive motivation is a very effective tool to generate the productivity of the staff and boosting of staff morale and confidence.
Some of the ways through which staff in childcare could be motivated during the childcare supervision are:-
- Employees must be involved in the major decision-making process of the organization. Their opinions must be valued and importance must be given to them.
- The information must be shared regularly with the employees to inform them of management and organization and it’s importance.
- Help them in identifying their strengths and weaknesses and provide them with training and coaching to work upon them.
- Providing variety and challenges in their job as it will give them the opportunity to explore their potential. Challenging jobs takes away the monotony of work and keeps the job interesting.
- Getting in personal talk with the employees and understanding their individual needs as it would make them feel valued and they may turn out to be an asset for the organization.
- Praising and recognition of work by giving appraisals, safe and healthy atmosphere at work, salary, perks and timely promotion in the job could boost the confidence and morale of the staff.
- Constructive criticism must be given for the mistakes committed by the staff that helps in positive motivation at work.
Providing constructive feedback to staff during childcare supervision
Giving constructive feedback to staff performance while supervising them also helps in motivating the employees. It also improves their skills at job and children also remains happy in their company.
(1). Employee reviews
Scheduling such reviews is very important if conducted every month or on a quarterly basis. This is an honest, constructive and transparent way of feedback. Feedback could be two ways for employees and child supervisors so that their opinions are valued.
(2). Feedback must be clear and honest
Any such feedback on childcare employees performance is not based on the personal opinion of the supervisor or manager rather it is most professional feedback. Feedback must be unbiased, clear and honest and must be given on the basis of performance.
(3). Face to Face Feedback
Written feedback may not be very effective for childcare employees. Honest and truthful review or feedback of performance is only possible when met in person. This gives a clear idea to the employee of the feedback without any ambiguity in thoughts.
(4). Considering the performance of own
While reflecting upon the performance of employees, the childcare supervisor, owner, manager or an administrator must introspect and assess their own performances at work. When the childcare employees do not meet the expectations of the supervisor then one must judge his own actions that must have impacted employees work.
Hire Essay writers for writing plagiarised free assignments before the deadline in your college!
Above sample is written with the purpose of targeting the students who need to write assignments on childcare and motivational theories for early childhood supervision. This essay sample is based on the topic of recruit, motivate and provide feedback to staff during childcare supervision.
Students of the Childcare, QQI Level 6, Health and Wellbeing could refer to this essay sample for writing on topics related to childcare, welfare, childcare skills and their development.
Few students may face problems related to vocabulary and English language while writing on the childcare assignments.
Students can hire essay writers for writing plagiarised free childcare assignments before their college deadline. They could pay to our Ireland assignment writer who can provide them with fast cheap essay writing service for their college assignments.
- paediatric early warning score chart
- Paediatric Early Warning System Ireland
- Restorative Justice v. Retributive Justice
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Training
- Job Description Playworker SAC Environment
- Role Responsibilities After School Childcare Staff Assistant
- Challenges School Working Mixed Age Groups
- Effective School Age Childcare Programme Elements
- Equality and Diversity in Childcare
- One to one supervision
- Difference between an inclusive and integrated education
- Barriers to effective supervision in childcare
- Group Supervision
- F. W. Taylor Scientific Motivational Theory
- Working in Partnership with Parents and Carers