Statutory Agencies for Elderly in Ireland Essay Sample
The following essay sample shall focus on the various statutory organizations and schemes of the Irish government which has been introduced for providing care services and ensuring the welfare of the elderly people.
Many organizations extend it’s helping hand towards the people who are living an active retired life in old age. These organizations have been set up in Ireland to support retired people by providing them with a range of physical activities to engage themselves in.
Such supports are made available by many statutory organizations or agencies like the Department of Social Protection, voluntary organizations, and local agencies.
These activity groups provide sports, arts, and other social activities to the elderly to indulge themselves in all sorts of physical activities including education and training.
- Active Retirement Ireland is one such retirement association that helps a retired person to live his life to his full potential.
- Age and Opportunity help in the promotion of elderly adults’ participation in a varied range of activities.
- Irish Senior Citizen Parliament focuses on the issues of earning, health, income, housing facility, and interests of senior citizens. It represents these interests of them to the government and the other public bodies.
- The National Federation of Pensioners is an association that is a representative body of the pensioners which aims to protect and promote their interests by addressing social welfare and health issues.
- Age Action Ireland is a body of advocacy that aims to empower the elderly by securing their rights and providing them with high-quality care services.
Support and care services for the older adult group in Ireland
The healthcare services in Ireland provide care services to the elderly through hospital services and community healthcare organizations.
Apart from this, there are also home support services that are provided to the elderly for living a dignified life.
1. Hospital Services
The hospitals in Ireland provides planned care services along with emergency inpatient care service to the elderly.
If an old patient is discharged from the hospital after treatment then the staff shall speak to an appropriate community staff to organize care following his discharge.
Family carers or the relatives of a patient can help during the process of discharging a patient.
2. Community Services
The Community Healthcare Organizations support the people who are dependent at home and also the carers. It includes primary care services which are given by occupational therapists, physiotherapists, public health nurses, family doctors, and speech and language therapists.
The Older Persons Services must provide support or home services in the form of daily care, home care packages, house help, meals, and residential services.
These home care package services can be provided by the HSE or voluntary or private organizations.
3. Home Support Services
Home Support Care Service or Care Scheme is for supporting the elderly to remain in their homes as long as it is safe and suitable for them. It assists in the daily tasks of hair cutting, shaving, dressing, eating etc. It depends upon the individual needs of a person which are provided by the HSE or an external provider.
4. Day Care Service
The health service executive provides aid through the voluntary organization to provide daily daycare meals to the elderly on the wheels.
It provides personal daycare and routine hygiene care services along with nursing care and social activities. It is given to a person who is suffering from the condition of dementia or Alzheimer’s.
5. Respite Services
These services can be provided both inside the residential homes or nursing homes to the elderly person. It also gives a break to the carers from the stressful work of care. Public Health Services helps in providing respite services.
6. Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
The Community Healthcare Organizations has a protection team for the vulnerable adults for any abusive or neglecting behaviour towards them.
Support and Information to the Older Person
There are groups in Ireland that provide information and support to an older person who is in dire need of care and attention.
Senior Line is a confidential listening service for isolated elderly people.
ALONE is another information providing group of older people to help them deal with the feelings of loneliness and isolation. It helps them to get accommodation in the community.
Friends of the Elderly is an Irish charity organization that develops a bond of friendship with old and lonely elderly people by regularly visiting their houses.
Hire any Irish writer for writing assignments on the care of older adults
The above sample explains the various government agencies that voluntarily provide care services to the elderly in Ireland.
Care of the Older Person (5N2706) QQI Level 5, Careskills and Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5, Healthcare Support QQI Level 5, Careskills QQI Level 5, Care Assistant QQI Level 5 and Nursing Studies QQI Level 5 students can read this sample specifically to gain knowledge about this topic.
We have many care assignments written on the care of older people that can be referred to easily by the Irish students.
We can assist you in writing on older person care FETAC Level 5 assignments and other core skills essays. Ireland assignment help writers can write plagiarism-free academic papers for you at a fixed price.
- Dementia People Advance Care Planning Barriers Facilitators Essay Sample Ireland
- Older Person Quality Care Services Recommendation Essay Sample
- Physical Care Needs Older Person Essay Sample
- Alzheimer Disease Older Person Care
- Cerebral Vascular Accident Older Person Care Essay Sample
- Arthritis Older Person Care Essay Sample
- Meals on wheels Ireland Essay Sample
- Statutory Agencies for Elderly in Ireland
- Older Person Feeding and Drinking Assistance Essay Sample
- Death and Dying in Late Adulthood Essay Sample
- Parkinson’s chronic disease for older care Assignment Sample
- Doll Therapy Impact on Elderly People Essay
- Aging process Essay Sample
- Intellectual needs of elderly Assignment Sample
- Consensus on the extent of Older Abuse – Assignment Sample